MISS VEGAS

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nuzum

just thought we would talk miss vegas ... got one and love mods so far are blueprinted bottom, took wing off, cut 1/4 of the pipe, took out head shim, cut 1/2 of the rudder, tried grim fin but sucked boat down too much so went too stock fin all the way up,prop height set at 7/8 with stock prop and running 60 percent fuel mid 30,s

just thought we would talk miss vegas ... got one and love mods so far are blueprinted bottom, took wing off, cut 1/4 of the pipe, took out head shim, cut 1/2 of the rudder, tried grim fin but sucked boat down too much so went too stock fin all the way up,prop height set at 7/8 with stock prop and running 60 percent fuel mid 30,s
I think one of the next things you should do, especially if you're running 60%, is upgrade to a high nitro pipe and a larger diameter header. Then either replace the engine with an O.S. or do a few mild mods to the aqua. I don't think the aqua engine can handle too much tweaking, but it's always fun to push the limits!!!! Contact Xcel Racing for aftermarket parts (pipes, headers, engines, props, anything Miss Vegas). Oh and I almost forgot, the first upgrade should always be the prop a 535 is a great one start with.

Last edited by a moderator:
cool tampa i will do that i would like too put a tz in her but hate the pull start ,non pullstart not available anymore !!!!!

cool tampa i will do that i would like too put a tz in her but hate the pull start ,non pullstart not available anymore !!!!!

that is a easy fix man.. just buy a endplate for a cvrm and the screw pack, then take out the crank and grind the nub for the starter off and reassemble it , i ddi this to all my tz engines and i also water cooled mine as well, more on that later..lol it will work fine , just use a good starter belt and alot of patience. need more help let me know. later.

terry

Good deal termiator thanks !!!! i will do that let me know what you have done too yours !!!!!!

hey tampa whats that web page
There's no website right now. I think it's coming soon. I'll PM you with a direct email. Also, I have a TZ non pull start with the rotatry carb its brand new still in the box. It's got a flywheel & collet installed. It just needs a water cooled head. The cvrm head works. They cost about $20.00. One thing I suggest it to add a water cooling valve to restrict the coolant flow. PM if you want the engine. I'm not really se4lling it but it's just sitting around in my shop so i'd like to see it get some good use.

There's no website right now. I think it's coming soon. I'll PM you with a direct email. Also, I have a TZ non pull start with the rotatry carb its brand new still in the box. It's got a flywheel & collet installed. It just needs a water cooled head. The cvrm head works. They cost about $20.00. One thing I suggest it to add a water cooling valve to restrict the coolant flow. PM if you want the engine. I'm not really se4lling it but it's just sitting around in my shop so i'd like to see it get some good use.
The CVRM head is $21.49 at tower...and it is NOT a direct bolt on replacement to the TZ head. The CVRM head would need to have the outer ring of the button milled down so that it does not contact the case before it seals on the top of the piston liner...and the screws for the TZ will NOT fit into the holes in the CVRM head. The heads of the screws would need to be turned down a little to fit.

Sean

if it has the short crank in it and not the sg style i would be intrested in it.. can you send pics to [email protected]?? thanks alot

terry

The CVRM head is $21.49 at tower...and it is NOT a direct bolt on replacement to the TZ head. The CVRM head would need to have the outer ring of the button milled down so that it does not contact the case before it seals on the top of the piston liner...and the screws for the TZ will NOT fit into the holes in the CVRM head. The heads of the screws would need to be turned down a little to fit.

Sean
sean they also need to be moved out like .010 to the outside and made bigger in diameter as well, the head clearence i usually set at .004 to .006 and they like it . you also have to pocket mill the head cap to accept the screws , if you guys cannot do this , i have a mill and lathe and i will be more that happy to set it up for you , email me or pm and i can give you a price for changing one over, thanks

terry

my stock boat runs its fastest with the strut all the way up and a m440 prop higher 30s just work on the prop angle to find the best spot,my A hydro vegas or unlimited vegas runs in the upper 40s with a .18 tz ab mod engine with sg crank i just turned down the aquacraft flywheel on the lathe and used a car nut that fit the crank threads and a aquacraft sv27 collet and welded it to the nut it works great as far as the head cooling i bought a cvrm head and water jacket and cut all but two fins off the air cooled piece off the engine and ground it flat and bought longer head bolts and just bolted the water jacket and the two remaining fins to the turbo head and away i went racing fast and easy i run a cooper quiet pipe and a custom turn fin we make i moved the strut inside the boat for sport 20 class and jerry dunlap did my sponson mods and lets not forget a nick wiest custom cowl that he makes its right out of a mold he built also moved the radio box to the nose and run two 4oz sullivan soft fuel tank on eather side of the engine the strut is an octura oh engine was moved foward one inch for cg reasons nick,myself and jerry of course have these boats and race together oh and we all use different props? hope this helps you with your vegas questions.pic of my stock boat.

Instead of using a collet for a sv27 electric why didn't just use the octura collet and retapped it and used the aluminum flywheel and got the same results without all the work socco........work smarter not harder

well its just what i had at the time and works great on the sg crank it never comes loose and its smaller then the octura collet and i work in a fab shop so i didnt do the work.

I just want to tell you that Oklahoma Hobbies and Radio Control is sponsoring the raffle at The Oklahoma Race next weekend with this brand new RTR Miss Vegas.

One lucky winner will go home with this boat after our race next weekend :D

A big Thank You from me to Oklahoma Hobbies & Radio Control for giving this raffle prize to Oklahoma Model Boat Association

Hey Socco Are talking A hydro or sport 18 mod? The point leader want's to know. Greg

Hey Socco Are talking A hydro or sport 18 mod? The point leader want's to know. Greg
hi greg im talking A hydro, dont worry you cant claim my .18tz that easy this comes from the stock point leader.seeya this weekend.

Back