Miss Vegas Deuce

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raytam

Hi,

I apologize that the Video gets shakey at time and I lost the boat a few times. Close-up shots are tough. I really wanted to see how much of the sponsons are really touching the water as well as how much of the rear is dragging. I couldn't do it. May be next time.

Here's video of Miss Vegas Deuce with stock everything except for the Prop. I bought a Octura Y535 balanced and sharpened from CMDi racing since that is the choice prop for the stock engine. I used 50% nitro and I used a 750 mAh lipo 2s with a 2A BEC from an airplane 20A esc (It saves about 2 oz of weight). I didn't do anything to the hull or sponsons...no sanding, sharpening or waxing of the sponsons or hull. The rudder and turn fin was sharpened at the leading edge. They are raised as high as they go and are set level (0 degrees).

This new Vegas has better features than the original such as better radio, engine, pipe, starting system and sponson improvement at higher price. The performance is better too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks Good!

Did you pull the wing right from the start?

I want to pull mine off and try it.

Tomorrow is race day though, hate to make any changes.

I wonder how much it really affects a boat this small.

Nice video, thanks for sharing!

The wing set weighs 5 oz. A 1/3rd pound makes for a good burger, but if your racing, it might make a difference. For fun, I'd keep it on. For racing, I don't know...but I'd put it back on for taking pictures. Good luck on your race.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back