Miss Thriftway 18"

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jetpack

I might be wrong but isn't there a website that has these plans for download?

If not, it would be great to get some tracings from someone. I'm not sure if that website's models are direct from the kit design or just similar.

The kit I have has everything except for what is below the really nice deck halves that were left untouched on this one. I think things didn't go too well with the bulkheads and the building board and was abandoned.
huh.gif

gallery_4478_625_12932.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I might be wrong but isn't there a website that has these plans for download?

If not, it would be great to get some tracings from someone. I'm not sure if that website's models are direct from the kit design or just similar.

The kit I have has everything except for what is below the really nice deck halves that were left untouched on this one. I think things didn't go too well with the bulkheads and the building board and was abandoned.
huh.gif

gallery_4478_625_12932.jpg
Hi

I have a complete kit with all parts separated from main sheets of wood .If you want the

kit make me a offer.I tried to upload pic but dont know how.

check out the free down load for garry finlay jones round nose plan on rumrunnerracing.com or a web search. not sure that available plan is available that small but could be scaled down. the 1/16 scale plan is 23 inches long.

nice classic jones round nose plan.

when were those 18 inch wood kits available ?

Dave, There were two kinds. American Junior kits (rare) and Dumas Boats. All came out shortly after each boat was new on the scene. I believe the American Junior kits were mostly balsa and could be powered like the Dumas kits which are all mahogany ply including the Atlas, but they had more varieties of round noses in fact that's all they ever had offered. I have heard they were handed out as promotional kits at the various races during their era's.

The Atlas I don't believe stayed in production all that long, maybe 10 years or so then the licensing ran out or something with the contract with Atlas.

I want to thank those that have helped track down the templates for me but I just found someone who has them so I don't think I'll lay out the cash right now to buy a complete kit. Having more than basically an empty box of one will always sound nice so I'll keep it in mind.

I have enough to get started now on making my copies. This will be my first attempt at making fiberglass molds to duplicate the cowlings.

JP, if you haven't got this site it might be worth saving for you, http://www.microhydros.com/ . It ought to at least keep you busy and out of trouble for a few minutes! :D

I don't know if the kits and plans shown in there might be too small for you but some should be able to be converted over for 1/2 A use or whatever you have in mind.

Rudy, you can start a picture gallery starting from your profile page. After you have that set up when you write a post you can click on the "add image" button at the top of the typing page. Just click to copy the image link in your gallery for the picture and paste it in the box that shows up for add image. Sounds confusing but easy once you do one.

Ron, you're steering me to a link that will empty my wallet and its just now recovering. I like their micro hydros and would really like to have one to try out with an engine.

I've looked at China's 17" fiberglass Miss Bud rip off copy of the plastic hull and if I ever get caught up that will be the next victim. The fiberglass one doesn't look too bad other than soft corners that can be fixed at the trailing edges.

Wouldn't be too hard to add the gear it has a wide cockpit.
gallery_4478_625_7488.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Back