Miss Circus Circus 1988

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlanN

Does anyone have some shots of the '88 Miss C C they could share with me?

I am not sure if there was more than one scheme used that year.

Thanks

Which Circus do you want to do? There were 2 paint schemes and numbers that year. It ran as the U-31 until San Diego when it was the U-00 and had blue sides. I have some from both. There are a couple of hull differences as well. The U-31 had a shorter hose and an inset transom. The U-00 had a longer nose and no inset transom as they were two different boats.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe I need shots of the U-31.

I have an H&M 1/8 Circus Circus and they are not that specific on the exact hull they modelled it after.

It has the "winglets" on rising on either side of the hull near the transom.

Quite a nice piece of F/G work.

If it meets the requirements...the U-00 might be a possibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok well they both had small curved up little winglet type features torad the transom. The difference it that the U-00's transom except for small little supports attached under the verts was flat side to side. The U-31 had extensions on each side and then the transom was inset slightly. There were two other distinctions. The back of the cowl on the U-00 was vented with a vane in the center. The U-31 was smooth down the back of the cowl. Also the nose on the U-31 is much shorter. It only has a small part extending forward of the canard wing. The U-00 has a big honkin nose stickin out. Graphics wise they are very similar just a few minor differences. I've studies them quite extensively since I have a U-00 Circus and did the graphics for that one. I have done the graphics for all of the Circus boats since I have 2 and one that I was going to make the 79 with but changed my mind.

Thanks guys that helps me out alot.

There isn't a vent/vain on my cowl...and I am not gonna modify it! :D

U-31 is it then. The pics hgatjens posted are what I am looking for.

This should be interesting since I have never done scale before. the F/G hull cuts down on alot of build time but my wallet still hurts! Haven't even gotten the hardware yet!

Been there...done it....just want to race. Not on a scale hull but others. Besides it helps if your allergic to sawdust! ;)

Someday I will don a mask and hazmat suit and build one! :lol:

Back