Miller American Driver

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heartbeat said:
No only the head and shoulders.
Thanks Mike

99405[/snapback]

If the tank is under the cockpit area the head is all you need & make a graphic of drivers body. In side shots of the real boat all you could see was Chip's helmet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don

Yes the tank is under the cockpit. Do you know how big the head is?

Where I buy the head and the graphic?

Thanks Mike

Phil Thomas has a neat little driver figure made out of glass that works real well and may work for what you need. he is on this site, I am sure he will read this. That worked well in my sons Atlas which has the same issues. Ken

Mike-

I forgot all about the driver figure Phil sells that Ken mentioned. You could cut it down like I did for my driver in my S/J build up-

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...album=77&pos=14

The driver would still be sitting a bit high but it would be close. On my Miller american I had drawn a driver figure then had the local graphics shop duplicate it in 2 color vinyl, used just the Dumas drivers head & screwed it in from the underside of cockpit area. :)

I had the same problem on my 84 Atlas..I cut out the driver area and recess it down 1/2 inch ... Put in a chip doll..Ponch..The helmet was off a defogger bottel that was sold to clean motorcycle helmet lenses...I still have it today and used it on my 94-95 Bud...

Roy Munoz said:
Put in a chip doll..Ponch..The helmet was off a defogger bottel that was sold to clean motorcycle helmet lenses...I still have it today and used it on my 94-95 Bud...
99510[/snapback]

Ponch had been floating in my pool for awhile....chillin' sipping Margaritas until the dreaded phone call came and Roy wanted him back.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Ponch has been a driver in my boats since 82..Loged a lot of miles on the water. And been to a lots of NAt's over the years..

Roy Munoz said:
Old Ponch has been a driver in my boats since 82..Loged a lot of miles on the water. And been to a lots of NAt's over the years..
99561[/snapback]

HA I have a driver that used to be a Captian Kirk used a william brothers 1/8th jetpilot figure for the helmut.

If all you need is the head and shoulders get one of those william bros jet pilots

1/8th scale is 1 1/2 inches to the foot so a 6 foot driver equals 9 inches

Latest posts

Back