Micro servos

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Burns

I am looking at buying Micro Servos that are rated at 16.7 oz/in would this be enough for throttle and 3rd channel mixture?

Also what are some good micro servos?

Thanks

Bruce

Last edited by a moderator:
I use alot of Futaba s3101's. Be careful of the micro servos made for electric R/C models, nitro has alot more vibration. Make sure you have a easy slide through the water tight seals, tight seals will shorten there life.

I have also used the Futaba s3103 the little ity bity one, so far no problems.

Mike

Hey Bruce!

Sorry I can't make a good recomendation,but I will tell you to stay away from MPI/MAXX mini servos. $30 for a servo........failed on the bench........no help from MPI customer service. They didn't even return the junk servo. Hope you have better luck than I did.......

Bob the Fool

Hi Bruce,

16oz seems a little on the light side. It may work O.K. if you're using a fuel Dr. style 3rd. CMD style and BV style needles will take a little more arse (especially if they're new). I've been using the Hitec HS 81 MG for my 3rd channels with excellent results. They have 36 OZ at 4.8v but I use them at 6v where they're putting out 40some oz. I've tried lots of other Micro servos, and have stuck with this one since it only costs around $25 and I haven't had a failure yet. Servocity.com can get these servos to you in about 3 days after you order it.

I've had a set of JR NES-341s for over 5 years and they are still going strong. JR also makes a digital version that I plan to use in my new 20 hydro.

I had an hs81 go bad on my recently.... i wont say dont get one..... but make sure it is mounted to reduce vibrations! it sucks loosing your throttle servo in a race!

I've used the HS81s too and would suggest the metal gears version.

I had one causing me some problems on a mixture control - it seemed to be inconsistent during servo travel giving me wierd results whenI used the 3rd channel. Turned out to be the servo not traveling the same distance every time I adjusted it. I suspect the potentiometer was the culprit.

I've given up on those when it comes to using my Bob Violet needles and the PIP needles. Spend a little more and get something that will last one time rather than repplacing them over and over. The plastic or nylon gears are so little they strip really easy.

Try Servo City .com free shipping and good service. :ph34r:

Back