Maiden Voyage, SWEET!!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[email protected]

God ****! Well, I ran my new Villain for the first time yesterday. I started out w/50% O'Donnell's and a McCoy 9, with one quick hit from the starter, and another quick tweek of the needle it was off. At first it seemed as though it was already on the pipe as it screamed by and glided into the first few turns.

Than as the tank level lowered and the engine leaned a little it picked up more speed and gracefully rode on the last 1 1/2 of the rear transom. It was at the ideal peak performance. I've driven DPI, Bandit's, Aerotech's, Prather and other home made boats and this by far is the handled and performed the best.

Several of the Gas Boaters stopped what they were doing to come over and watch. The shear amazment on their face spoke volumes for the performance of the little Villain. One of the guy's asked me "who makes that 7.5 engine". None of them could believe it was a little 3.5 engine. They were even more mad that my boat was faster than their's.

Yesterday was perfect water so I'll keep you posted as I run it in rough water, any advice for rough water set up???

: :)

Re:Maiden Voyage, PIMPING!!

Congrats on your new Villan. They do burn up the water! ;D I would suggest putting 4 oz. of additional weight in the nose for ruff water. That sould tame it. Have fun.

Alan

Hi Big Daddy,

**** I'n jealous you decided to buy this Villian for yourself. > :(

But hey I hope you have great fun with it and race it hard like it deserves. ;D

All the best

GT 8)

RC

I hope you like racing it as much as we do ours. Its a fun little boat.. Your Villain S1 will get better and better and better in time. Keep in mind that as you learn to drive it there will be days that you can not make a lap to save you A$$ and others you can do no wrong. This is model boating..

Let your club members know that tunnel boat racing is for all ages and skill levels. Its not just for guys starting out nor is it for the 20 year racer. Its for all..

Welcome to model boaing the way it was ment to be..just plain fun..

Keep us posted on the progress for you Villain S1.

O yea if the water is really bad add weight to the back of the boat.. This will keep it from stuffing and it will just bounce around the pond like a cork. Its ugly but it does work...keep this one between you and me.. 8)

Rock On

Grimracer

Grimracer,

Thanks for the advice! As for the radiobox, it's very thin. My concern is the tape is not sticking well and if the boat flips, forget about it. The electrics will be soaked. Any advice to make it tacky enough to bind the tape?

RC

The paint in that area should be smooth and clean. If its not you have a problem. Please use Speedmaster tape (3-M) this is best. If you dont have any let me know and i can send you a roll. The tape should go half over the plastic cover and half down the sides of the box. Make neet little folded corners. If you want you can then cover the corners with a strip of tape from side, over the top, and down the other side. Do this on the ends.

Let me know if you understand..

Grim

Got it!! I tried that but the last roll of Prather tape I got stinks, it lierally has no sticking ability.

Aha..the good ol days of prather tape.. :p

That stuff is crap..sorry Mr Prather but i cant stand that stuff.

When its cold out the crap wont stick and when it does you cant get the adheasive off...yuk.

Again use 3M and all will be well...not kidding.

Grim

Back