" MAD MAX" New Big CMB

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think you will be very happy with the EVO.
default_smile.png

I ran my test boat with new EVO at pond today so I say it is very good fast and more rpm . I am very happy with Orlic carb ( turn easy down to up trottle no problem) Thumb Up
default_cool.png

Those big blocks need big carbs to flow more fuel. specially that particular engine it needs fuel and lots of it. From what i have heard from serveral people the CMB 101RS and EVO have the same issues BAD PISTONS pin boss getting ripped apart. i have seen both engines RS and EVO run i see no significant avantage in speed and power.

I dont disagree with Wilfong do yourself the favor and get a billet piston from scott before the pistons goes good bye on you..

Those big blocks need big carbs to flow more fuel. specially that particular engine it needs fuel and lots of it. From what i have heard from serveral people the CMB 101RS and EVO have the same issues BAD PISTONS pin boss getting ripped apart. i have seen both engines RS and EVO run i see no significant avantage in speed and power.

I dont disagree with Wilfong do yourself the favor and get a billet piston from scott before the pistons goes good bye on you..
I knew only RS piston easy hole melt but I heard from USA people EVO piston "Eat" then cramp also wrist pin ripped because they use High Nitro less castor that's why! I did ran both RS and EVO No problem so I fill up 1 cup castor through mixer one gallon 50% nitro with 100% syn . I always take good care with CMB 101s because the engines were " repair " too expensive cost

I'm not sure of who USA people is? But if your talking about the EVO failure I had. IT WAS NOT DUE TO HIGH NITRO. the piston in the EVO is EXACTLY the same piston that's in the RS.

It will be harder to burn a hole in the piston of a EVO then a RS because of the bigger transfers. But it will if you lean to much.

Over all the EVO is a better engine. But anyone running it had better make sure there is ZERO pinch left before really getting on it or you risk pulling the piston apart.

It is a completely different engine. It is a better engine. The exhaust window and timing and case transfers are different. The crank is interchangeable but better balanced. I don't like the piston but the engine is better.

Back