macs 1329 pipe

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

anthony scardina

I have a brand new uncut 1329, looking to use it in my speed master 20 mono with a MAC 21 engine. Any ideas on how this pipe may perform before I cut the pipe? Or should I just bite the bullet and get an OPS 3280?

I have that pipe on my seducer sd1, and I love it!!! I have it on an older model OS RZM 21. it runs right along with a friend of mine in our club who has a MAC 21 with cooper pipe in a speed master hull. I run mine at 8 and 5/8 inches. don't cut the pipe. Swedge it. I used a tool that ac guys use. it expands the inside diameter of copper tubing. I used this on my pipe. now I slide my manifold into pipe and I can change pipe length when I need to, like when i change props. works great. great pipe for the money. works for me. they are loud. so if you don't like loud then don't use it. but loud is good. because when you are racing you can monitor how your engine is running. you are not out anything, because they don't cost much

Jim,

Well let me reword that. I am not a fan of loud. I am a fan of what makes my boat run. the point I was making is that it is a loud pipe. and the positive of the draw back is that you can hear your boat well. anyway if people don't like seeing others have fun they will complain about the noise the quietest of boats make. people find all kinds of excuses to kick you off a pond. for example, the pond we raced on many years ago band combustion engine models because they where unclean and destroying the environment. it is now a bird sanctuary. so the lesson here is to not race your boats in a populated area, or where you will disturb the peace of others. oh ya, the MAC pipe preforms well. good pipe for the money.

Jim

the OPS 3280 is a great pipe too. I never got to try the nr carbon fiber pipe yet. I do here it is a real hit,

Latest posts

Back