MAc in P.T. sp40

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rchydro

What are guys doing to get the mac to run in Phil's boat

I have tried a bunch of things to get mine up and running

small props, large ones, the pipe in and out and on and on and on.

If the mac is a hot motor Iam not seeing it

I even poped in a cmb purple head in and that took off and run

So whats up

Last edited by a moderator:
what I would recomend is sending the motor to Andy and have him check it out. you will have it back in no time. I sent mine to him and had it back in a matter of days. I run one in a P.T. and in its last 7 races 3 firsts,4 seconds. has been very reliable. these motors need to be run with large diameter fuel line!! tell Andy your setup- pipe length, nitro%, prop, strut depth etc...

also you need to reduce or increase your water cooling, the cooling sometimes can be too much and the motor doesn't heat up to the needed range to operate well, i know cause i owned two of them. is it the 2004 version?

Well, I have large fuel tubing "what prather calls large"

The engine is 2002 or 2003

What props, pipe lenght and fuel % are we using ?

I tried to run a small prop to let the MAc rpm up

Most of the time it just whats to eat plugs how rich do I need to be?

Which pipe are you running?

I had the same problem with mine in a SG. Turned out the Parabolic pipe has too much backpressure and the baffle needs to be drilled out to match the stinger bore(.375").

Also, Which needle are you running? Some of them won't flow enough for the MACs. The Parabolic or Nitro pipes can be set at 9.5" and left alone. Do all of your tuning with prop load.

Run 60% fuel, pipe at 9.5" case center to weld, head set at .008" clearance and large fuel and water lines. If you have ALL of that then call Andy and describe you woes to him. He'll get you going.

Chris

Running the mac pipe /drilled out

Tried 3 needles Big OS and a tidewater copy, bob v

pipe set about 10.5 and 50% fuel

I run my PT 40 with a 2002 mac drilled out parabolic pipe set at 9 3/4. I run Octura 3 blade 450 prop on rough water and a 1455 or modified x646 on smooth water. I also use large tubing and a BoB v needle valve and 50% nitro. Boat runs wicked for me. Fastest sport 40 I have ever run and very stable.

the prather fuel lines are not good enough. for some reason they are small even when they say large. i use the large aerotrend fuelthe (blue) lines and the cmdi needle pipe is set at 10.250 450/2 or 3 blade and also the 1455/3 with some cup. and also on the needle you need to 3.5-4 turns and then work from there. tune the water in to let the engine heat up.

On our PT Sport 40 with the MAC engine, that Mark mentioned above, we run a X447 prop. As hard as we have tried to get it to run a X450 it just won't turn it. With the X447 the engine winds up and really sings. Hope this helps. Perry

For your info that was no ordinary MAC an Aussie changed the whole thing on the inside.......Mikey

SayMikey said:
For your info that was no ordinary MAC an Aussie changed the whole thing on the inside.......Mikey
Which Mac are you refering to Mikey?

The Mac runs very well out of the box only need to set the head clearance to .008 - .010 for more power and set the pipe 9.5 -10,, tune with the prop load like said.

I ran my Mac 2004 stock in my 40 seaducer, ran a X646/3 and set the pipe to 10 for heat racing used a x450/3 and 9.5 pipe for time trials. 1st n the oval.

the Super sport 45 raced with my 2003 mac and it was found to have worn bearings after the oval trials and I used a borrowed Aussie Mac 45 for the straight away Yes it had the exhaust modified.

No time to test , just thru it in and leaned it out with the mix control only had the 1455 heat rading prop to use, it would have gone faster if we had time to test it in open water and used a better prop.

PHIL

Opps

This may help

Steve Carter

I sent you a e-mail with my address to get a instruction sheet for the ss45

Latest posts

Back