M & H Carburetors

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Bryant

Supporting Member
Anyone heard of, or remember, "M & H" Carburetors? These were very unique carb designs. Composed of a barrel shaped body with a closed end that had a large screw slot adjustment. The throttle valve is articulated 90 degrees (side-to-side) opposed to conventional (fore-and-aft) direction.

These were popular for a short period back in the late 80's/early 90's. Provided great low-to-hi-end operation. I still have a few new models for selected (older) Picco and OPS motors. I'm mostly curious how these carbs rate in performance.......

I will post a few images in the next day or so

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey David,

I actually had one on a K&b 7.5 if I remeber well, trouble was that I had so many other problems that I couldnt get a good feel for the carb. It would be nice to see those again.

Craig

Hey David, I actually had one on a K&b 7.5 if I remeber well, trouble was that I had so many other problems that I couldnt get a good feel for the carb. It would be nice to see those again. Craig
thanks for your input. When I get a chance (over the weekend) I will dig into my tool cabinet and find one of my M&H carb's, I have a few brand-new never run piece's. I will take a few images and post them. I've been overwhelmed with moving, so I'm living around boxes for the last few months. As I remember back in the late 80's Howard Power, of Seaside Calif., used to run these carbs exclusively, and really spoke highly of the design, supposedly very responsive through the power curve.

Latest posts

Back