• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lynx

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A lynx is only worth waiting for if you want to run record trials. If it's racing you really should go with an HTB. But if it's second place your looking for stay with the lynx.

Brad
Good point Brad. I hope to see you in San Jose, CA July 2007.

NAMBA District 8 Championship series 2005 Lynx won 3.5 Stock. 3.5 Mod, 3.5 OB Hydro, 3.5 Hydro, 2006 NAMBA District 8 Championship series Lynx won 1st ,2nd and 3rd 3.5 Stock ,won 3.5 OB Hydro. Won 3.5 Stock at Legg Lake NAMBA Nationals, The Shaman with a stock red head won both 7.5 stock and 7.5 mod 2006 NAMBA District 8 Championship series. The Lynx holds the Competition NAMBA record for 3.5 stock. But I guess you are right it's not much of a race boat at all.

Bill, I know of several people that have ordered boats and everyone has pre paid.

Dale, I just heard from Carl the other day he said he is catching up on his outstanding orders and had a computer crash so that is why he has not been around here. If you pre paid for a boat it will come.

Last edited by a moderator:
Eric,

What powerhead are you using on the lynx in the 21 mod class? I have seen myself, with the power we run on the HTB Hulls, The lynx has a turning issue called stuffing. I personally know carl and hes a great guy, But the turning issues scare me, or i would have one. I know this for sure its the fastest stock boats ive seen. and it flys down the straights.

Nothing against Carl just what ive observed.

Tom

At the 2006 internats the lynx boats has a bad habit on hooking the the corners.And in the run off in b-mod the lynx hooked and spun out.I beleave there is a problem with the boat on race set up some were.

If a Lynx is stuffing in the corners it is not set up right. That is a common problem that you will see if the CG is wrong and the wrong prop is used. So don't blame the boat because someone is too stubborn to set the boat up by the instructions. I have a MAC on the OS lower when I run the Lynx in mod class. I'm not saying that the HTB is a poor boat and would never suggest that. I'm no expert on an HTB because I have never set one up or driven one and therefore would never be so ignorant to comment on them. I am always intrigued when someone makes a statement like "the Lynx is not a good heat racing boat" when most likely they have never set one up or driven one ,and that is just not backed up by the results.

I don't see any problems with the Lynx, maybe in rough water but it's the same for all

in that situation. Best runnin' tunnel I've ever had in my hands without any doubt, and

I own a HTB290.

JW

If a Lynx is stuffing in the corners it is not set up right. That is a common problem that you will see if the CG is wrong and the wrong prop is used. So don't blame the boat because someone is too stubborn to set the boat up by the instructions. I have a MAC on the OS lower when I run the Lynx in mod class. I'm not saying that the HTB is a poor boat and would never suggest that. I'm no expert on an HTB because I have never set one up or driven one and therefore would never be so ignorant to comment on them. I am always intrigued when someone makes a statement like "the Lynx is not a good heat racing boat" when most likely they have never set one up or driven one ,and that is just not backed up by the results.
Although I'm no expert in the boat racing world, I totally agree with Eric. Boat set-up is critical on any hull. Although the design of some hulls limit their performance, there is alot to be said for setting up a hull properly and as well for ones particular driving style. I have seen lots of guys who drive a tunnel like they stole it and don't ever learn how it behaves. A tunnel hull is one of the hardest hulls to drive properly and very few have the talent to give and take here or there in order to stay up front. Even a properly set-up Leecraft can hold its own against some of the best hulls out there. I was witness to some fine driving put on by Eric, Dave Solway and Mike Hughes all driving Lynx's. You don't have to be a rocket scientist to know a good boat when you see one. The Lynx is a fine example of ever improving technology and if one wants to run up front, you have to join the ever increasing crowd. I'm also looking to join the crowd and will be getting in touch with Carl in the near future.

Lnyx for sale?.......SOLD!

What do you bet that I could get one quicker than 8 months?
Ernie,

I would have taken you up on that one 8 months ago,but Carl is back to building now.

Backorders will soon be filled and new ones will be comming again.

When he's on top of it,things roll pretty good.

I recieved 3 boats from him last year in decent time.

I think my Shaman order may have been forgotten,, back in April I conversed with Carl

via the "PM" about getting one for my O.S.30VG on the TT lower.

I was going on vacation to Mexico around that time and offered to send him a check

before I left. He said, "hold on to that check",, being a little nervous about bugging him

(as some did) I haven't talked to him since. The 30 could really use that boat so I can

run in B-Mod with the my district members.

Money is not a problem with me, I'm just not sure about reminding him of it :huh:

JW

Eric,

What powerhead are you using on the lynx in the 21 mod class? I have seen myself, with the power we run on the HTB Hulls, The lynx has a turning issue called stuffing. I personally know carl and hes a great guy, But the turning issues scare me, or i would have one. I know this for sure its the fastest stock boats ive seen. and it flys down the straights.

Nothing against Carl just what ive observed.

Tom

The Lynx is an excellent hull that, once set up right doesn't have any cornering issues what so ever. Initially with my Lynx I had experienced the same problem in the corners as mentioned before. After rereading the instruction manual I found the the engine was set too high, and the CG was moved about 1/4 in. to far forward per the numbers listed by Carl. Adjusted those two things and haven't had a problem since. I've personally raced every powerplant from K&B, to OS, to CMB, to Nova Rossi's from everywhere from 45-58 mph and I must say that the Lynx has handled them all with ease. From a driving stand point, I'm able to put the boat in any position on the course I want it to go while keeping the trigger pulled and never looking back. All you have to do is follow the builder's instruction's as he says and you will have yourself a very fast, great handling boat.

~Mitch

I have to step up here and agree with Eric, The Lynx is a great design the only reason he did not beat me in A mod tunnel for the district this year was he had some engine issues. My A stock boat is Lynx and it took me the better part of a year to get it running right, PROP,PROP,PROP Next year my stock and mod boat will probably be the same Lynx. Greg

Hi Mark,

just a note to say I received the Lynx. Very happy with the boat and thanks for taking the time for packaging it up so well for it's long trip downunder.

Thanks

Gino

Greg,

So what propeller did you finally use on your stock boat? Anderson 1440B/C?

We have tried many different set ups and I think the 1440B/C is still the best.

The way you cup it and how much cup you add makes a huge difference. :D

If You Don't Mind Sharing,

Mark Sholund

Gino

Glad te hear the boat made it ok. Enjoy.

Greg probably is running one of his own props that Anderson guy is really hard for local guys to get props from.

A 1440 is the prop to run. Guys want to put too much pitch in them. I start around 2.7 and adjust from there. It usually ends up less than that. I back it down till the motor stages up pretty quickly.

Mark: The prop I'm using is a Anderson that I got from Pruesse, But it took just a touch of cup out to get the motor to second stage. I tried no less than 4 different Anderson's between myself and a buddy of mine and even got pretty good results with a back cut x442 when we brought the motor up. I would be interested in trying one of yours on the lynx and my own design 21 mod boat I won the district with, that boat has my own back cut 1440. It's a very light wof with a severly reworked OS on a Irwin pipe with the stinger taken out to 3/8" Greg

Ok so if someone is looking to get a Lynx boat, who do I contact??

hey tony its a great boat but be prepared for a long wait, to get your

boat! i have friend who paid for one of those and he's been waiting

8 months for it to arrive! i guess if your not the makers buddy or

some vip, your order gets put on the back burner!

good luck!

Sorry Norm I have to step in and contest the friend or vip comment. The problem with the delay is that the Lynx that Carl(VansRacing) builds is one of the most meticulous, beautiful, and most of all functionable boats I have ever got my hands on (or anyone at my pond had ever seen). I was the first to have one at my pond and since wether or not they have they all want to follow suit. Just like most hull, parts, and hop up makers, this is not a business where they can make an exclusive living, but only add on to there pay check! for all you guys out there who feel like they are being put off for a friend or a friend of a friend. I have one thing to say to you: Try building something that performs so well in it's first yearthat everybody that hears about it wants one, and see if you can keep up with the R&D, the Orders, the requests for info, the bettering of your product, and then the desire to keep building such a product. In other words get off Carls back, and be happy that there are people like him out there who want to keep stepping up the design in this great hobby we call boating!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Cliff

Back