Lynx Hull Availability

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David,

Sorry for the delay. I left a message with Premo this morning to answer your question. His wifes mother is down and not doing well. He should give you an answer tonight.

-Carl

Theron,

The Lynx will be built from my shop. As a matter of fact, anyone who has a current or outstanding Lynx, Shaman or Warhead boat request please let me know by emailing me at: [email protected]

I have been busy building new molds and assembly jigs this week but will be back on the standard products next week.

-Carl

Hello Shane,

I have been working on some new things but they are both still in prototype stage. Randy's father and his wifes mother are not doing well so he may be out of pocket for a while.

I ran into a local friend that trimmed the Savages and Hornets a few years back that is ready to get some trim work back in his shop. The next thing we want to do is to get a few parts ahead to send to the trim shop and have them in process.

The layups and assemblies will be done here for now. We have the shop loaded with materials and set back up as it once was. Mitch Smackwell Sr & Jr are lined up to come over and stay a few days. He will be taking the Shaman to Jackson to build.

-Carl

Carl,

I need a new hull and I also need a couple of canopies both of which can wait a little now since the end of the season is upon us. I do have a question about the canopy/cowls for the Lynx. Both of my canopies had a problem where the bottom (where it went into the radio box well) we way too wide. After painting the boats the gel coat and paint would crack from the stress when you squeezed the canopy to fit in the well.. Has this been corrected in the new molds? I have tried everything from pre-stressing to heat to fix this to no avail. For next year I would like to repaint my canopies and hopefull get rid if the cracking problem.

David,

I have never heard of such a problem with the Lynx cowling or any of my cowlings but I will be glad to try to figure out what may be happening. Send me some photos of the cowling on the boat and a picture of the cracked area and also a picture of the inside of the cowling. Thanks!

[email protected]

-Carl

David

Leave that Lynx alone order a Vision Craft Boat, they run neck to neck with a Lynx, Shawn could have you one done in about 2 weeks or less. Just a thought if you cant get the unobtainable Lynx.

Beau

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny,

I got a wave of orders in the last 3 weeks and if they keep coming at this rate, I will most likely stop taking request for a while until I can get caught back up. I don't want people don't get back logged too bad. If I do stop, I will post it on IW but right now we can handel it.

The cowling problem: Does the cowlings that are having this problem have cloth in them? If not, they should.

-Carl

Apparently someone was cutting corners. The cowling tabs (the part of the cowling that tucks down into the deck on each side) should have a strip of cloth on each side running the length of the cowling.The cloth and matt combined gives the layup both flexural and tensile strength. The top or rounded portion of the cowling doesn't need this as the rounded shape provides all the strength needed in that area.

The cloth is expensive and requires extra time and effort to put in. But it should never be left out of the layup unless in areas that are rounded as I mentioned above. The layup thickness of a model boat can be as thin as 032" to .045". so structural content is crucial to the overall strength and life of the boat.

Now with having said all that, all the boats that were and that are made from my shop, have always and will continue to have the correct layup in all parts.

-Carl

Back