Lynx 21 FE Conversion

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TomGracey

Anyone willing to share Pic's of your Lynx 21 FE Conversion IE. component
(ESC Battery radio box placement) ECT
IMG_1815.JPG

I would be talking to Darin Jordan, he has the fastest oval FE Tunnel which happens to be Lynx, he has shared the information several times...might even be a thread in the FE section showing pics :)

@TomGracey I'm willing to share as much as you'd like to know. I set out on the project to see how inexpensively a P LTD Tunnel could be built using a Lynx hull because some of us have a few of them around. In this case I used a new hull since my others are (for now) in use. Darin Jordan was a huge help in the approach and Carl and I worked together on the electronics box. He has that kit if you're interested. My cheap approach used a Dyamite A3650-2000Kv motor attached to an OS lower, Seaking 120A Pro ESC (the flat one), and ArrowRC 5200MaH 50C battery.

The sump area of the Lynx is narrow as all Lynx owners know not knowing where everything would need to be in order to get the CG in the range I need I went with what would fit for sure and, with the ESC, what I could stack on the battery if I needed to move weight back. I now have the ESC up in the nose which opens some options for sure. I use a pull-pull which puts the cable outside the electronics box which makes getting the battery in and out much easier. The wheel is available at GrandRC.com and the Du-Bro 4-40 hardware kit. Water bulkhead fittings I got from ZippKits. Mark Sholund did a few ABC 42.55 props.

Here are some photos and you can DM me as much as you like. Next step, taking this budget build and stepping up the output a bit.

Chris

Attachments

• IMG_6682.jpg
    IMG_6682.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_6374.jpg
    IMG_6374.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 202
  • IMG_6176.jpg
    IMG_6176.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3824.jpg
    IMG_3824.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_3823.jpg
    IMG_3823.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_3817.jpg
    IMG_3817.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 174
The only problem I don’t like is the motor wires are pretty long
Yes, and the option is still open to move the ESC on top of the battery to shorten them up. Right now I have it set up with 7/16 blocks under the battery for a motor wire passage and that leaves 1" of additional headroom. The dimensions in that area, though don't really allow for the 160A Pro to fit.

Now that we know where the balance point works out where where the space is or is not in the box the option also exists of making a few configuration changes to move the servo forward and leave ESC space between the battery and servo which will in turn option options for the type of ESC that can fit. The battery, though, should not go much further forward than it is.

Castle makes a monster X esc. I think the dimensions are 2”x2” you have to modify it and add a cooling block. You could probably put the controller all way to the back of the boat. My lynx esc lays on the battery

@TomGracey I'm willing to share as much as you'd like to know. I set out on the project to see how inexpensively a P LTD Tunnel could be built using a Lynx hull because some of us have a few of them around. In this case I used a new hull since my others are (for now) in use. Darin Jordan was a huge help in the approach and Carl and I worked together on the electronics box. He has that kit if you're interested. My cheap approach used a Dyamite A3650-2000Kv motor attached to an OS lower, Seaking 120A Pro ESC (the flat one), and ArrowRC 5200MaH 50C battery.

The sump area of the Lynx is narrow as all Lynx owners know not knowing where everything would need to be in order to get the CG in the range I need I went with what would fit for sure and, with the ESC, what I could stack on the battery if I needed to move weight back. I now have the ESC up in the nose which opens some options for sure. I use a pull-pull which puts the cable outside the electronics box which makes getting the battery in and out much easier. The wheel is available at GrandRC.com and the Du-Bro 4-40 hardware kit. Water bulkhead fittings I got from ZippKits. Mark Sholund did a few ABC 42.55 props.

Here are some photos and you can DM me as much as you like. Next step, taking this budget build and stepping up the output a bit.

Chris
For the steering pull-pull did U use Stranded cable or 4-40 rods

Latest posts

Back