• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking to buy Modern FE 1/10 Scale Hydro

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Hengeveld

I am looking to buy a modern (late 1990s or newer) 1/10 scale hydro that has a carbon fiber hull and already runs. I am relatively open to any of the particular boats depending on the condition and components. I understand this post likely casts a wide net and that many, if not most, people do not want to part with their prized possession, but I thought it is worth asking and certainly appreciate any consideration.

Ya I’m looking for something similar, but there hard to come by right now. I just made a wtb post in the other two forums, I’d even consider an older one. If u come across a Hull and hardware but it’s not your style, please point them in my direction if you don’t buy it! Thanks Scott

Ya I’m looking for something similar, but there hard to come by right now. I just made a wtb post in the other two forums, I’d even consider an older one. If u come across a Hull and hardware but it’s not your style, please point them in my direction if you don’t buy it! Thanks Scott

Thanks Mike, I’ll have to go check that page out. I love following along your progression in your boat build thread! It’s really encouraged me to pull the trigger and try building my first scale. I’m wondering what other tools I would need other then a lot of woodworking clamps,sander,micrometer and ???

In the past, I would say a good bandsaw and 4x36 belt sander. That is what I build from scratch with. But with the ML boats you dont need as much. Something to cut you jig is the toughest part the rest of it just goes together nicely with out any cutting. I cut the sheeting with my band saw. I also use a large pair of sheers to cut it as well. You can get those at home depot. One thing that I bought years ago that I use on almost every boat I build is 50 lbs of lead shot. I have it in 5lb ziplock bags. Works awesome to hold down decks or anything that needs extra weight. It will conform to any shape as well.
Mike

OH yeah forgot to mention, Double bag your shot. I use 2mil zip locks and double bagged. If you jsut use sandwich bags, you are bound to break one open and then shot every where. Good times....LOL

Ya sounds like a good time sweeping that up, probably still finding it years later!
and what would u suggest ML boat works or west coast custom boats? Does WC offer build kits or do they do more of a mold/fiberglass carbon boats?
is there any particular ML boats that are easier to build then others?

I think west coast will do however much you wnat them to. Just about how much money you have in your pocket. Their glass/carbon hulls are 600 raw from what I saw. Scott are you in the NW?
Mike

NorthWest? No I’m on the opposite coast, I live up in Bangor Maine but I’ve also lived out in Bremerton WA,Georgia and went to college in Colorado. But I’m back in my home state of Maine.
not many boaters up my way. Trying to turn my brother and acouple friends into this hobby, once they see my boats go this summer, hopefully they will get into the hobby!

Well then it dont really matter. Most places dont run 1/10 scale. Not much going on in that class. It is big here in the NW and not much else. That is why you dont see many for sale. I was goign to suggest checking out the club and getting a register hull. But that dont matter if you live in Maine.

Well then it dont really matter. Most places dont run 1/10 scale. Not much going on in that class. It is big here in the NW and not much else. That is why you dont see many for sale. I was goign to suggest checking out the club and getting a register hull. But that dont matter if you live in Maine.

Thanks for the info and perspective Mike. Let me know if anyone you know wants to sell a RTR scale hydro. My building skills and tool set are not up to yours and Scott’s level.

Back