Looking for prop help

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jasper

G'day All,

I'm looking to put a Quickdraw 25cc into my ufo rigger. Can anyone advise as to what prop would work with this motor on a 4 point hydro that requires absolootly no lift all drive.

I currently have been running a moded G26 and have found the best props have been 3018 and 3116 back cut only.

Any ideas greatly apreciated.

Also the boat is set up for oval heat racing.

here's a pic on the water

https://www.intlwaters.com/gallery/displayimage...lbum=396&pos=19

thanks

G'day All,

I'm looking to put a Quickdraw 25cc into my ufo rigger. Can anyone advise as to what prop would work with this motor on a 4 point hydro that requires absolootly no lift all drive.

I currently have been running a moded G26 and have found the best props have been 3018 and 3116 back cut only.

thanks

Mate I will send my gas props over for you to play with, whatch out for the postie.

Dave

G'day All,

thanks
Thanks Davo

Jasper, if you are turning a 3018 or 3116 at any decent RPM, you should already be going faster than 95% of the gas riggers out there. Have you put the boat on radar while running these props?

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop

Jasper, if you are turning a 3018 or 3116 at any decent RPM, you should already be going faster than 95% of the gas riggers out there. Have you put the boat on radar while running these props?

Eric Canto

The Speed Shop
Eric,

The 3018 is a consistant 64.5MPH and the 3116 gives a consistant 68MPH down the straight however loads up some in the turns where as the 3018 doesn't.

I feel the hull has much more left in it before being uncontrolable. It doesn't hint at all to blowing off either.

After watching the QD's in some riggers over here I thought this power would give it more. However this motor will not turn these props.

Most of the gas riggers over here are using high lifting props and these props simply don't work on my boat.

It want's to follow SKIPPY'S lead and jump off the water.

Thanks Ken I watch the mail box like kid at Xmas.............. :D

Jasper,

ABC 2916 and shorten your pipe, or a 2818 and try a new pipe. Which pipe are you running?

Need more information please. FYI,the 3116 is too big, unless you reduce it and modify it.

Have Fun Testing,

Mark Sholund

Last edited by a moderator:
Back