looking for kneeler hydro plans,or kits

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stacey Linder

I was recently on you tube watching rc boat videos when i came across a kneeler hydro with an electric outboard on it ,it was awesome and fast, I did some more research and found that jerry dunlap built one and blackwell racing built one .but I could not find anything recent;if any body knows where I can get plans or kit let me know thanks.

wow I did not know I would get a response from the man himself! I just have two questions for jerry ,what is length of boat and where do I send money.

If it was electric, that was mine. Lot of requests for kneeler plans lately, are you still racing them Jerry? Mike

I also have Kneeler plans for sale for the 3.5 class on my site. www.blackwellracingboats.com

The plans have all views, full size patterns plotted for every part as well as building instructions and construction photos. And yes, there has been a lot of orders lately.

BRB

IMG_1163B.jpg

Did either of you ever refine the design enough to allow for a normal sponson heal mounted skid fin, or is the bracket method all there is?

thanks for your response.I used to race outboard tunnels in the mid 80s, I hade a boat called a trophy tunnel built by john otto,k&b motor, red carb, and equi pipe, in 40 class I had a aerotech tunnel with k&b and the pipe was made by same guy who built aerotech boats, I have been wanting to get my son into it and the kneeler hydro looks like a good place to start,and since I have been flying electric planes ,and know a little about lipos and such,I think I will go with electric outboard, thank you

I here Marty Slater builds a hell of a Kneeler. He's not easy on the eyes, but has a big hart. LOL

Tim

If you saw

full size electric outboard hydro, It was Mike Bontoft's world record holder. I'm waiting for someone to build a model of it.
Lohring Miller

hay Tim got 1 Kneeler hull no turn fin no radio box no motor ready for the mail

for 2 of your cowls

shoot me an address hope to have it in Saterdays mail

Marty
Marty

You have a PM, the hulls look sweet!

If someone puts things back...... HAHA

Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
is anyone building these and selling them, I just don't have the knowledge or time to build one and really like them.

Back