Looking for info or contacts on Russian Built Engines

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TimD

Nitrocrazed and myself are looking for info / pricing / contacts / feedback about Russian made 15cc (.90ci) marine engines such as the VOK 90 and others.

This thread is a "spin off" from the how about a 180 motor thread where we are looking into designing and building an engine to take advantage of some engine size limit rules.

Any info would be handy!

Thanks,

TimD.

i was wondering the same thing..... i could not find anything on the web about VOK engines

Alan Hobbs is the improtor of the K motors here in the US. He would be the one to talk to about the Kalistratov engines. Andy Brown also might have some info too as he used to sell the motors. These guys regularly go to the Worlds and have met a lot of people in the process. They should be able to direct you to the Russian folks.

Mike

Thank you guys ;D

To be more specific, we are interested in any motors other than the Kalistratov and the A motors such as the VOK or SKIF 90's etc. or manufacturers of parts such as Piston and liners etc.

Any Europeans out there that can give me some idea's??

Thanks again,

TimD

Tim,

you should have a little look at some of the other engines around. I think there is the MVVS engines which used to be MDS engines which were labelled MAC when they first arrived (MAC is MDS in Russian!!! LOL ).

I have a 40 and a 60. Amazing how close to an old Picco these engines are. The 60 was in my Dominator for a while and that was not too shabby :) . then again how close the VOK is to a Rossi.. oh and remember those Taipan engines??? ROFL...

What you have to watch for is the engineers who can actually design an engine, not just copy... this is what has set the A and K engines apart from the rest... I think before you track all these people down it would be wise to know exactly what you plan to achieve.. ;D

EMS Racing

Craig,

There is an awful lot of Rossi copy in the K-90, in fact the P&L's interchange!!!

I can design motors, I just need a manufacturer.... ;D

Nitrocrazed racing: Mechanical Design Engineer by proffession!

I would still give Al or Andy a call. They have met quite a few people going to Worlds. They might give you a lead on the other motors.

Mike

translated:

MHz ......  A new 1ër Methanoler. The Russian Vok-90. A carpenter rotary valve is and performance-related comparable to the CMB's.

by bablefish

If you are looking for a twin 180 glow/nitro motor contact [email protected] Richardson...he is the Stateside importer and distributor of the A180 by Precision in Perfection....certainly some motors....needs big props :D :D ;D ;D :D ;)

I have had some p/s made for me by Alexander Kalmykov and the result was SUPER!!!

The good thing with the russian engine builders is that you get the things you want EXACTLY as you want and not as the engine manufacturer want......

You specify the timing,port design AND YOU GET THAT.

So i`m happy with Alexander Kalmykov and Cyclon.

Anders

Thanks for the info everybody.

Also looking for someone who can make crankshafts for the bigger motors like 67's and 90's that can sustain some real punishment.

Back