• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Looking for head shims for Beta .21

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I reached out to AU Hobbies. He has them, CMB only offers a .004 amd .008 so I’m going to see about having a punch made at work that will cut whatever size I want.. shim stock in cheap not sure how they justify the cost of a head shim? Anyway, thank you for all the information guys..

I reached out to AU Hobbies. He has them, CMB only offers a .004 amd .008 so I’m going to see about having a punch made at work that will cut whatever size I want.. shim stock in cheap not sure how they justify the cost of a head shim? Anyway, thank you for all the information guys..
Thnx Kent, I'm sure others will need them too

Head shims are a PIA to make, ask any manufacturer.

However for making a couple of shims you can do really well with an engineers divider used to trepan/scribe the shim out.

K&S do a nice pack of assorted shim stock.

Head shims are a PIA to make, ask any manufacturer.

However for making a couple of shims you can do really well with an engineers divider used to trepan/scribe the shim out.

K&S do a nice pack of assorted shim stock.
I was thinking of having a die made, have 4 guide pins with one or two punches machined to punch out shims.. I will be able to swap out the tooling on the die to make shims for various motors.. when we have some time in shop I’ll have it made

Just an FYI, McMaster can produce custom shims. It's about $60 for a pack of 16 shims in a specific thickness. Perhaps not economical for an individual unless you are Joe Warren, but a group buy could spread the costs of several thicknesses.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/shims/?s=custom+shims

Anybody have a database of shim diameters for various motors? Terry Keely?

Just an FYI, McMaster can produce custom shims. It's about $60 for a pack of 16 shims in a specific thickness. Perhaps not economical for an individual unless you are Joe Warren, but a group buy could spread the costs of several thicknesses.

https://www.mcmaster.com/products/shims/?s=custom+shims

Anybody have a database of shim diameters for various motors? Terry Keely?
mcopracing.co.uk
Does 0.1mm. 0.2mm and 0.
05 mm shims for all motors

Back