looking for hardware

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Jacuzzi

I am looking for some small hardware to be used on a nitro project. Specifically i would like a strut capapble of handling a 3/16 stub shaft, and a rudder with water pickup. Must be light weight. Any ideas would be appreciated.. Thanks Tony J

Tony what type of hull will you be using this for?

Ken Joye are you using rudder with built in water pickup now?

Steven Vaccaro

www.OffshoreElectrics.com

TONY your better off fabricating your own for SAWS your just going to Swiss Cheese the hardware anyways.

STEVEN i've found wedge rudders with builtin water p/u's cause more drag over my S/S cleaver rudders.

Tony,

I would look at the Speedmaster hardware for a .21 SAW project. It is strong and light, and will take the stress of SAW trials.

Ken......

i've found wedge rudders with builtin water p/u's cause more drag over my S/S cleaver rudders.
I think this is a pretty broad statement. What wedge rudders have you tested against your "S/S cleaver" rudders?

What scientific testing have you done? Have you set up a controlled environment situation with actual data recording?

Peter R.

www.climatemodels.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter i've read alot on the subject over the years and spent alot of time testing with both types.

Thanks, Lou...just shattered my dream. :lol: I don't think of them as toy boats...unless you own Nikko stuff.

I perfer swept wedge rudders with a water pickup in it.. some of the fastest guys boats I have seen all run them also..

I have tired blade rudders and assortment of wedge rudders.. I think wedge rudders are more stable and better response from the stearing.. A blade was just to twitchy and took alot more input to turn. I like a smoothing turning boat not a jerky one.

Sorry Jeff :p I actually like the speedmaster stuff better then the fuller wedge. I have not seen Ken's Blade Rudder but I have heard it is top notch!!

Back