• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

looking for carbon fiber sheet

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Ferrette

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Vendor
I need a piece of carbon fiber sheet .030-.035" thick, 3.75" x 13.25" with a nice smooth finish on one side. Anyone have any sources that won't bust the bank? :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm thought mcmaster had it but it is either to narrow or two wide

chris

I need a piece of carbon fiber sheet .030-.035" thick, 3.75" x 13.25" with a nice smooth finish on one side. Anyone have any sources that won't bust the bank? :unsure:
See if this fits the bill.

http://www.dragonplate.com/ecart/categories.asp?cID=27

High priced though. Wanted to have some parts CNC'd and they tried to gouge me. I am getting the parts made for a quarter of the quoted cost. But their material is very nice.

Don, PM sent
I made my own just waxxed up some thin plastic and put it on a flat surface. Then i used alum angle to get the size i needed. once all was fitted i waxxed it again . Even made a nice 90 in the corners. I used some 4oz glass and some carbon came out good give it a try some time you will be surprised at the top finish.............

I'm looking for a small roll about 45" by 30". Light layup if possible
Anthony, A Neat Trick is Use 2 mm Non directional Carbon sheeting for the first layer & Fiber glass directional cloth for the 2nd layer. When it sucks Down & Kicks gives the same look & strength as Carbon cloth. jw

Back