Looking for a club in Virginia Beach

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gstrbmech

i am moving to Virginia Beach here in a few months and I would like to hook up with a club, if anyone can point me in the right direction please let me know. thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Contact Preston Hall on this forum he is the president of the Old Dominion Model boat club down in that area. Welcome to district 12

We have a great club with a lot of nitro and gas guys that compete on a local and national level. Welcome aboard. The club, O.D.M.B.A., has been around since 1972. I was one of the founding members and have pretty much been with the club all this time. We have a great lake that Frank Blanchard accuired for us back in about 1974. We race every other weekend with a series of ten races from spring to fall. We also have an invitational race in August. This year we will have a district series of races that includes races in Maryland and North Carolina if you like to travel and run up district points for a jacket at the end of the year. Don't be shy, we all want to promote the hobby and we help each other out.....young, old, new, seasoned, we want more members to share the fun with.

We have a great club with a lot of nitro and gas guys that compete on a local and national level. Welcome aboard. The club, O.D.M.B.A., has been around since 1972. I was one of the founding members and have pretty much been with the club all this time. We have a great lake that Frank Blanchard accuired for us back in about 1974. We race every other weekend with a series of ten races from spring to fall. We also have an invitational race in August. This year we will have a district series of races that includes races in Maryland and North Carolina if you like to travel and run up district points for a jacket at the end of the year. Don't be shy, we all want to promote the hobby and we help each other out.....young, old, new, seasoned, we want more members to share the fun with.
Ditto. Welcome aboard. Preston is our club prez & Larry Hibert is the club secretary (both do a hell of a good job IMHO). You can contact Larry for club forms at- [email protected]

Looking forward to meeting you at the pond! :)

gstrbmech, don't listen to these guys. They will just cause your boats to go fast and the next thing you know, you'll find yourself chasing world records.

Seriously, ODBMA likely has more record holders than any other club in IMPBA. You couldn't find a better place to run boats.

Seriously, ODBMA likely has more record holders than any other club in IMPBA. You couldn't find a better place to run boats.
Wow, never looked at it that way, that's pretty cool. B) Regardless, even if we didn't have a single record holder it's still a fun place to run & great bunch of people, you're gonna enjoy yourself. :)

Thank you guys for the welcome. I will be out there in march some time for house hunting leave. I will than move there in may. Looking forward to meeting all of you guys. Do you all have a web site. I run an avenger and I am building a 1/8 th scale miss bud and a gas rigger. looking forward to learning from you and running with you guys. I am only two years into the sport, so fairly new. I have learned a lot from the St. Louis thunder baoters and would like to thank them a lot. I used to live in Virginia Beach 4 years ago and was wondering what lake or lakes you guys run. Thanks again for the welcome aboard and looking forward to meeting you guys. Dave

Thank you guys for the welcome. I will be out there in march some time for house hunting leave. I will than move there in may. Looking forward to meeting all of you guys. Do you all have a web site. I run an avenger and I am building a 1/8 th scale miss bud and a gas rigger. looking forward to learning from you and running with you guys. I am only two years into the sport, so fairly new. I have learned a lot from the St. Louis thunder baoters and would like to thank them a lot. I used to live in Virginia Beach 4 years ago and was wondering what lake or lakes you guys run. Thanks again for the welcome aboard and looking forward to meeting you guys. Dave
Dave we run at the lake behind Indian River High School off of Greenbriar Parkway. The ODMBA has exclusive use of this pond, home of the IMPBA's oval record holding A,C,D,E & F class hydros. B)

BTW- is your Bud a nitro or gas boat?

****, John Finch is OLD.... :D
............and it sure is fun watchin' that "old" guy put a whuppin' on you young bucks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
So whats your excuse Don???????????????
Build something to run against me. Oh that's right you don't do nitro. That's ok I'll have a new gas sport hydro for next season so Finch & I will play tag team on ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bout time, Butch and I are ready, see ya in Florida??? :rolleyes:

............and it sure is fun watchin' that "old" guy put a whuppin' on you young bucks. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Build something to run against me. Oh that's right you don't do nitro. That's ok I'll have a new gas sport hydro for next season so Finch & I will play tag team on ya. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I have a triple X Aeromarine mono ready for next year too. Gonna be some awesome racing in the gas classes.

Bout time, Butch and I are ready, see ya in Florida??? :rolleyes:
I'm full speed in getting ready for record trials in Valdosta next month. All my focus is right there for now. ;)

I have a triple X Aeromarine mono ready for next year too. Gonna be some awesome racing in the gas classes.
I knew he would wake up sooner or later, my Sport Hydro is ready and my Mono is ready working on the cat and dyno testing some new stuff, where is that thousand pound Gorilla been hiding??????

Winter's not even here and these guys are primed for next year. It's like the street drags - let's roll 'em out.

John's settled into it now with 5 (yes, 5!!) gas boats, but it'll be fun watching Don running gas. :lol:

John's settled into it now with 5 (yes, 5!!) gas boats, but it'll be fun watching Don running gas. :lol:
It ain't five Mike. That big 'ol crackerbox hull is up for sale & John's going to run gas sport & gas mono. His dad will be running the new stock gas class. :)

As for me, some of you guys make it sound like I'm new to petrol power. I ran a gasser six years ago, convincingly winning gas hydro at '99 Internats remember? ;)

Yeah, I forgot about that. Was that with a gas rigger? It'll still be fun. You won't have anything to do between heats but top off the tank. And leave the plug alone - it'll last all season.

Back