Loctiteing shafts

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

just for fun

I know some guy's running electrics with wire drives use loctite to assemble shafts. Does anyone use this on flexi shafts and nitro engines?

Haven't heard of Loctite being used successfully on flex shafts... it would most likely wick up the cable where you don't want it. Loctite 603 and 609 both work well on close tolerance wire drives.

I've used NAPA sleeve retainer (3000 psi sheer) on a 12 rigger with no problems but it does need to be a tight fit and very clean cable needs to dry a few days for max hold. However, I'd feel better with silver solder. :rolleyes:

Don

Thanks to those who replied. I'll stick with silver soldering at the moment.

Cheers Phil

Loctite 638 will work. It's not oil tolerant though. Nor is it gap filling, so a good fit is essential. Hopefully a good fit should go without saying for a flexi anyway.

Ian

Loctite 2701 works for me :rolleyes:

Never had a problem, never came loose! some german manufacturers sell loctited shafts.

2701 starts braking between 28-60 Nm of torque. :blink:

But I think it is important to have a good fit and no real gap.

Robert

One thing to note: The loctite compounds sold in the U.S. are sold in Europe and other areas of the world under different number designations. Don't be surprised if some of these foreign product numbers are not available in the States. You may need to check with the manufacturer for cross references.

Latest posts

Back