Live update from Climate Models @ MC6

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Climate Models

Hi all,

We finally have our laptop up and running at MC6.

If you are not here, you should be! For the rest of you, we will try to give some updates now and then to keep you up on all the action.

Weather is a perfect 75, partly cloudy and the water is smooth with just a hint of wind.

Saturday looks great with a high of 83, clear skys and 5-10 MPH winds. Perfect racing weather.

The word of the day seems to be carnage! Lots of boats running very close at high speed can lead to some exciting racing, buy also the ocasional bump.

Some of the larger offshore boats stir the water up prety good when you get 6-8 of them out there at one time. The rough water makes for some exciting, and very real offshore racing.

Al Waters (the CD) has things running so smooth you would almost think that this had been rehersed for months. No BS, good clean calls, and fair for everyone.

Of course not all the racers think that the calls are fair when they are against them, but thats racing.

Todays classes shold be:

S hydro

P offshore

N2 mono

P sport

S mono

Q hydro

It is still early so we do not have the results in yet. As soon as we get them I will let you know.

Remember, You heard it here on International waters first. The only place for live updates from Michigan Cup 6.

This special live report has been brought to you by:

[SIZE=21pt]Climate Models[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
forresterace said:
Peter
Any results from yesterday? Please. :)

101872[/snapback]

that's great... Climate

a good start might be day one results...

for instance... Q-Sport Hydro

Ron

Sat. morning.

Hello all, just heading to the pond at MC6 now.

We should be able to get the final results from Thursday and Friday sometime today.

The weather could not be any better. Today looks like it will be a very fast day.

I did hear rumor that a record or 2 may have fallen yesterday.

As soon as we have the official results, I will let you know.

Todays classes are:

O hydro

Q offshore

N1 hydro

P mono

N1 mono

T offshore

Stay tuned.

Climate Models said:
Sat. morning.Hello all, just heading to the pond at MC6 now.

We should be able to get the final results from Thursday and Friday sometime today.

The weather could not be any better. Today looks like it will be a very fast day.

I did hear rumor that a record or 2 may have fallen yesterday.

As soon as we have the official results, I will let you know.

Todays classes are:

O hydro

Q offshore

N1 hydro

P mono

N1 mono

T offshore

Stay tuned.

101902[/snapback]

thanks for your efforts Peter and official results will be much better than the sketchie info with a spinnnnnn come'n from another source...

W.R. Green

Secratary

Saturday June 4th

high 80's and just s touch of breeze to keep everyone cool.

OK, right to todays results (unofficial)

O hydro

1st Dick Crowe

2nd Dave Newland

3rd Randy Naylor

Q offshore

1st Chris Fine

2nd Kelly Brooks

3rd Doug Twaits jr.

N1 hydro

1st Doug Twaits jr.

2nd Scott Bickford

3rd Steve Reesor

P mono

1st Alan Nayman

2nd Steve Vacarro

3rd Larry Jacques

N1 mono

1st Dan Prolux

2nd Scott Bickford

3rd Dave Newland

T offshore

1st Howard Tucker

2nd Chris Fine

3rd Paul Pachmeyer

I will give you all a race rundown after a break to have some dinner.

Nice to see Steve and Larry (from MMM in Toronto) placing. Good for Alan to be on top of P-mono... I wonder if that was with his Sidewinder?.

Big surpise to see Steve Vaccaro doing so well...I think this is only his second sanctioned event. He has always been modest about his boats and racing skills but he sure must have had a good day.

As expected, lots of different names in the placings due to the large turnout.

Great update Peter, thanks.

RvE

Hi all,

WOW! What a day. That is the only way to describe the racing on Saturday

I have to start off by giving huge thumbs up to the Michigan club and all of the organization they have put in to this race. It is truly a world class event.

All of the work they have all put in is simply amazing. Great job guys!

Do not expect to hear from any of them for the next week. Between them all, I think they have gotten less than 10 hours sleep over the last week. That coupled with the hot weather, countless heats, and running around trying to keep everyone on time, has them pretty fried.

On to a recap of today’s racing.

O hydro is always exciting. Put 7-8 boats together on a regulation NAMBA oval, with some top drivers, and you have awesome racing.

The water was a bit rough for any record breaking speeds, but there were some very respectable “just over 1 min.” heats.

Q offshore was so realistic. Big powerful boats with huge horsepower blasting through the turns, and then rocketing down the straight-aways is something you have to see to believe. There is just no way to describe it. Bumping and grinding is all part off offshore racing, and there was plenty of that going on. Some boats lost a few parts in the scuffles, but most came out with just a few paint scrapes.

N1 hydro was, well…..N1 hydro. After watching the offshore boats run just before N1, it makes them seem rather slow. Don’t be fooled, these little boats still go pretty fast.

This is certainly a “drivers class”. The boats were all so close in speed that anyone could have taken a first place in any heat. Driving was the key to winning. There were several races that were won and lost in the last 20 feet before the finish line.

P mono is Fast Electric mono boats in perfection. A balance of great speed and handling really shows in this class. The key to winning was a tight course and no cut buoys.

If you had one cut or were slow on the start, you were out of the running. Each heat had all the boats finishing within seconds of each other. Alan Nayman showed everyone how it was done with near perfect driving and no turns more than a few inches from any of the pins. Great job Alan.

N1 mono had so many entries that it had to be broken up in to 3 separate heats of 6-7 boats per heat. The wind picked up a bit in the afternoon so drivers had to be on and off the throttle constantly to stay upright depending on what the wind was doing.

Dan Proulx’s boat was untouchable. In one heat he had a cut in the 3rd lap and still managed to pull out a 1st place finish. That is almost unheard of in this class. I did not get the type of hull he was running, but it was perfectly set up.

Other boats were almost as fast, but a DNF or cutting a pin put you out of the race faster than you could blink. Driving was everything in this class. If you went wide on a turn, there was at least 2 boats that would jump inside and pass you. This could take you from first to third in less than a second.

T offshore was awesome! Take Q offshore and add in more horsepower with some even larger boats and you have a mix that would be a rush for any adrenaline junkie.

When these large boats go around turn one, there is nothing but a huge wall of water to look at. I have no idea how they know where they are for a few seconds as they disappear form view behind the spray of rooster tails, but they all seem to come out of the corner in a straight line. Again there was the usual bumping and grinding, but with these large boats going the speeds they do, a small bump is pretty noticeable and can be heard from several hundred feet away.

Howard Tucker is the undisputed T offshore champion. This boy can drive and he has the equipment to match. Remember that most of these boats are worth several thousand dollars so they are not for the beginner. It takes a lot of skill to set one up, and even more to keep it running at top speed for 4 full minutes.

I do not know if we will be able to do any updates on Sunday as the wireless we are using at the pond is hit and miss. I am sure more results will be posted in the next few days.

I hope you all enjoyed reading these updates as much as I have enjoyed bringing them to you.

Plan to attend the next nationals no matter where it is located. You will not be disappointed.

Peter Richards

www.climatmodels.com

Thanks Peter, for taking time to share the days experience...

congrats to all the win, place, and show drivers but especially to Steven V. and Larry J, well done gentlemen!

W. Ron Green

Secratary

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter the MI Club is using my program so if you would like some info on posting the results straight from their scoring data which will read just like the actual sheets give me a holler it will make what you posting here much easier.

Ron

Last edited:
forresterace said:
PeterIs there any possibility of getting ANY kind of results from Thursday? :blink:

101986[/snapback]

ditto what Doug said on Thursday...

Q-Sport Hydro?

B) Ron

Sunday Morning.

Great weather again this morning. Good chance of some heavy thunderstorms later in the day though. Could get interesting for the smaller boats if the water kicks up.

The rusults for all the days have been hand calculated. Even though there is a scoring program in use, all of the results are recorded on paper and then entered in to the computer maunaly.

Everyone is so tired at the end of the day, it is just a chore to pack up and get back to the hotel. There will be finished results for all classes on all days but it will take a bit of time.

The results we compiled for yesterday were only possible because I hand wrote them from the score sheets.

Even this took some time and I have to thank Becca Hainer for her patience while I stole her score sheets.

Rest easy, you will should see some proper results as soon as Becca has the time to compile them all.

Remember this is probably the largest FE race ever held. There are almost 500 boats to keep track of. Times that by 3 rounds of 6 heats a day, and you have a huge stack of paperwork.

Peter R.

Climate Models said:
Sunday Morning.
Great weather again this morning.  Good chance of some heavy thunderstorms later in the day though. Could get interesting for the smaller boats if the water kicks up.

The rusults for all the days have been hand calculated. Even though there is a scoring program in use, all of the results are recorded on paper and then entered in to the computer maunaly.

Everyone is so tired at the end of the day, it is just a chore to pack up and get back to the hotel. There will be finished results for all classes on all days but it will take a bit of time.

The results we compiled for yesterday were only possible because I hand wrote them from the score sheets.

Even this took some time and I have to thank Becca Hainer for her patience while I stole her score sheets.

Rest easy, you will should see some proper results as soon as Becca has the time to compile them all.

Remember this is probably the largest FE race ever held. There are almost 500 boats to keep track of. Times that by 3 rounds of 6 heats a day, and you have a huge stack of paperwork.

Peter R.

101990[/snapback]

UNDERSTOOD...

throw an old dog a bone and he wants the whole cow... again, thanks for your reports

Ron

Back