Lipo Battery "C" Rating!

Discussion in 'Sport & Scale Hydro Forum' started by missbudpilot55, Aug 14, 2019.

intlwaters.com

Help Support intlwaters.com:

1. Aug 14, 2019 #1

missbudpilot55

missbudpilot55

missbudpilot55

Ventress, Louisiana (On De Bayou-False River)
    OK all you electric guru's out there I am want to do my new Thriftway Too as a FE and would
    like to know what is the minimum "C" rating that I should consider running in my boat. It will
    be a 9 cell set up with approx. 5200mah batteries through a 200 amp ESC, 930kv motor set up.

Thanks for all answers and opinions,

Bill D.

2. Aug 14, 2019 #2

TomGracey

TomGracey

TomGracey

Well-Known Member Supporting Member

You might want to read the rule book for which group and class you'll racing with NAMBA /IMPBA some have restriction on the min/max C size you can legally use

3. Aug 15, 2019 #3

Don Ferrette

Don Ferrette

Don Ferrette

Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator

Bill the higher the C rating the better and since you're not running NAMBA it doesn't matter. I'd take a look at the Dinogy Graphenes (70C) and see if you can stuff one each of the 6000mah 4S/5S in series to get your desired 9S - https://www.dinogylipos.com/collections/5s-lipos/products/6000mah-5s-65c https://www.dinogylipos.com/collections/4s-lipos/products/6000mah-4s-65c?variant=21047104901

4. Aug 15, 2019 #4

missbudpilot55

missbudpilot55

missbudpilot55

Ventress, Louisiana (On De Bayou-False River)
    Thanks Don, I will be looking into these as I get things better organized and get into the build
    of my Thriftway Too project.

5. Aug 16, 2019 #5

Buoyhunter

Buoyhunter

Buoyhunter

A couple guys really recommended Roaring Top batteries. Good output for the buck. I've had one pack get a couple cells with less voltage than the others. Only a couple of runs on it too. No probs with the rest of their batteries.

6. Oct 8, 2019 #6

PatrickLoveless

PatrickLoveless

PatrickLoveless

Those are the same batteries I used in my fe tunnel I had. Never had a problem with them. I even ordered the first ones tin the wrong mah and contact the guy that owns the company and he took them and replaced them with the right ones with me paying the difference of course with no problem. I highly recommend Roaring Top