• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

LF .21 O/B Hydro or mono (Spitfire, Sundowner.....)

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaceMechaniX

Supporting Member
Time to dig in your rafters or basement. I am looking for an outboard .21 hydro or mono to resurrect. Preferably one that is set-up and just needs some TLC to get running again. I have two old K&B 21's so I don't need a motor, but an open if the boat already has one. I may consider a O/B mono kit with all the hardware, but no hydro kits. Let me know what you guys have.

Suggestions are the Prather Spitfire I, Sundowner, Prather mono.

Tyler

Tyler, you REALLY want a Sundowner over a spitfire (-; The Sundowner is a much better running boat! I've raced both, sold the Spitfires kept the Sundowner. If all else fails, try contacting Joe Monahon at 707 Specialties. He used to be able to get Sundowner kits, not 100% if they are still available....IF you end up building one, I have some tips that should help you (-;

Tyler try to get ahold of Richard Hazlewood he has 7 or 8 brand new sundowner kits still in the box in his garage

I have a Spitfire in great shape. $50.00 plus shipping

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Bob, can you post some pics.

I am trying to avoid building a kit. A friend has a Sundowner kit, so as a last resort I could go this route, but may as well build a JAE O/B 21.

I have a soft spot for the spitfire. It was my second boat i got as a kid and I never got it off the beach. It was way over my head at the time. Boat was tossed years ago.

Tyler

Tyler

last weekend at Legg Lake ...... Joe Monohan had some boats for sale and there was a 21 sundowner on the table .

Contact Joe.

Hope you are doing good in NC.

Alex

Yep, sundowner is the way to go. Won nats 3 times with that hull. Loved it so much, never gonna part with it. Its just gonna rot on the shelf and bring back fond memories. Hell a new set of bearings and she ready to go for a 4th.

Mike,

What propellers are guys running on those outboard 21-Hydros?

1700 series still?

Thanks,

Mark Sholund

Back