LETS GET A THREAD STARTED.. 2024 AND THE 75TH ANNIVSARY OF IMPBA INTERNATS!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Section E-3

B. Requirements An IMPBA International Regatta (Internats) or National Regatta (Nationals) will be awarded on a rotational basis between the various districts and held annually during June, July or August. Any deviation from the June - August time frame must be approved by the IMPBA Board of Directors. 1. An IMPBA International Regatta will consist of three events: 1/16 mile straightaway (SAW) trophy trials; 1/3 mile oval trophy trials; and multi-boat racing using one of the approved US-1 formats. a. US-1 eligible classes are listed in each respective power section: Nitro, LSG, Fast Electric. b. A minimum of 8 contestants per class must present a boat to run in all three events for that class to be considered US-1 eligible.

Got my AirBNB booked and have two more staying with me.. (2.2 miles from the pond).. we are going to have a BLAST!

LETS.. PLAY.. TOY.. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Grim

No scale this time.. SNORT 40.. DARN RIGHT! (we are prepping the boat now!) well what we can do with a fresh 6in of snow.. (grumble, grumble)

Grim

Who will be the 2024 75th IMPBA International US-1, Presidents Cup, National Champion, Lefeber, and Excellence of Performance Title holders?!

I have added a list of the current title holders below. Everyone has a chance to win each one of these awards and what an accomplishment of all members past/present to keep this hobby we love alive! To be able to celebrate this 75th Anniversary milestone with individuals that come together to represent something we all share the same interest in, is something spectacular! Thank you in advance to the Huntsville Model boat club for Hosting the 75th Anniversary IMPBA International Regatta and all the helpers on the front line, and behind the scenes that will step up to help make this happen. To put on any race, let alone a National event, it is an eye opening experience on what it takes to pull this off from the home office, to the CD to the turn judges, to the retrieve boat driver etc... With all of that being said, next time your at a race event, make it a goal for yourself to walk up to the CD and simply ask the question to them, "What can I do to help?" Doesn't matter if it is your club putting on the race or not, you will never know the impact and feeling of support that gives to the club knowing we are all in this together. The count down has begun 198 days away!

US-1 (2022)
1/8 Scale Brian Schymik
A Hydro Greg Bonahoom
A/B Mono Rick Bellinger
B Hydro Chris Grim
B Tunnel Mark Grim
B Sport Tunnel Mark Grim
C/D Hydro Bradley Maglinger
C/D Mono Tyler Garrard
D Tunnel Jim Johnson
E Hydro Tyler Garrard
F Hydro Doug Twaits
F Mono Tyler Garrard
Multi-Engine Hydro Mark Adams
Sport 20 Bradley Maglinger
Sport 40 Bradley Maglinger

Excellence of Performance Trophy (2022)

Bradley Maglinger

2023 National Champions
A Hydro - Tyler Garrard
B Sport Outboard - Jeff Preusse
B Mono - Tyler Garrard
B Tunnel - David Hall
Sport 20 - Bert Dygert
B Hydro - Rod Hendricks
D Mono - Tyler Garrard
D Tunnel - Steve Zelik
Sport 40 - Brad Maglinger
D Hydro - Tom Baffer
E Hydro - Brian Spitzer
E-F Mono - Charles Dukes
F Hydro - Mike Ball
1/8 Scale - Mike Betke
Multi Engine Hydro - David Preusse

2023 Lefeber Award
Mike Betke

2023 Presidents Cup
Tyler Garrard

Awesome post Brad.. we have some AWESOME racers and members to this "Hobby" and just look at the YEARS of talent in those names.

BUT.. ITS SMACK TALK TIME..

Froto-Maglinger.. if I dont get a SMUGE the cat from you..i will be VERY disappointed.

Grim-the-stinker

Attachments

• batt.jpg
    batt.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 0
  • BS.JPG
    BS.JPG
    154.5 KB · Views: 0
Back