Last IMPBA Records Trial for 2011

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much to the huntsville crew for putting on another great record trial! We had a great time even though we fought the weather for 2 days, saturday the weather was great but the wind was bad, we had about 30 minutes in the morning of good water, and about 30 minutes of "decent water" in the evening.. Sunday was a washout,with lots of rain but the water was great so we decided to give it a shot! Boy im sure glad we did! Needless to say we had plenty of time to stand around and shoot the breeze and i had fun catching up with everyone again.. To go down there and fight the weather, not get much time on the water and set two records, i was very happy to say the least..Congrats to everyone who set records, and thanks to everyone that came to make it so much fun, and pick on julian hahaha!!!

It was a great experience as always and I had a blast with Martin. Thanks for the pink poncho Martin lol it gives character. If you think your boat is fast in radar bring it to a record trials that where you will know what's your boat about. Radar and gps speeds means nothing on the track. Martin, David , Paul and I have some of the fastest boats in the impba we proved that this weekend in bad weather.

Last edited by a moderator:
The wind was blowing so hard saturday, Julian had to eat a 3 lb hamburger just to keep his feet on the ground. If he had been wearing his pink poncho then, he would have looked like a flying flamingo.

Thanks Julian for making the Zoom carbs look good. You da man.

Charles

The wind was blowing so hard saturday, Julian had to eat a 3 lb hamburger just to keep his feet on the ground. If he had been wearing his pink poncho then, he would have looked like a flying flamingo.Thanks Julian for making the Zoom carbs look good. You da man.

Charles
Thanks Charles. I went 17.141 2 lap with the regular carbs and lowered my time to a 16.67 just with a carburetor swap. They work and out performed the carbs I had. They are going to stay on my twin for now on. Zoom Carbs are the way to go on big block CMB 101RS motors.

Team Ugly back in Florida after driving home all Sunday through the rain. Had a couple shots on Saturday but came up short trying to push through some less than ideal water. Windburned actually. Congrats to David,Paul, Martin and Julian for some great setup and driving. Julian you have come into your own and earned deseved respect in this hobby. Not a total loss saw dome old friends, met some new ones and as always learned what we could from people who have their act together.

Mic

The wind was blowing so hard saturday, Julian had to eat a 3 lb hamburger just to keep his feet on the ground. If he had been wearing his pink poncho then, he would have looked like a flying flamingo.Thanks Julian for making the Zoom carbs look good. You da man.

Charles
Thanks Charles. I went 17.141 2 lap with the regular carbs and lowered my time to a 16.67 just with a carburetor swap. They work and out performed the carbs I had. They are going to stay on my twin for now on. Zoom Carbs are the way to go on big block CMB 101RS motors.
Martin ran a modded Picco carb when he broke the 1/4 mile record the first time saturday, then he switched to a prototype Picco carb with Zoom internals and broke his own record by about a 1/2 half second quicker time. This was also a smaller bore carb. Bigger is not always better with carb bores.

Charles

Yes I guess you could say the Zoom carbs lead the way! Ok we all know the carb is in front on a 101! :D

Good driving, solid boat and just a bit of good luck was all that is needed, to bad we RARLEY have all thse come together at the same time! Yes it was nice to get out of the rain/wet from Sunday and warm up by the fire.

Paul

Anyone know thow history behind the 1/4 mile oval ?
Just a shot but the 1/4 mile ovals were probably made for at the time, slower boats like the electrics and steam. Back then they didn't have the hot battery packs and motors that they have today so they had to squeeze everything into a shorter course before the packs died.

Congrat's to Martin and Julian. No telling how much faster you'll go once you get them dialed in!

That's a nice set of numbers Julian.

No one has any footage of these runs for our viewing pleasue?

Charles
Martin ran a modded Picco carb when he broke the 1/4 mile record the first time saturday, then he switched to a prototype Picco carb with Zoom internals and broke his own record by about a 1/2 half second quicker time. This was also a smaller bore carb. Bigger is not always better with carb bores.

Charles
I believed that Picco 45 black headed Modded by Frank Orlic 100% ( piston/sleeve and drum housing w/carb ) because Dr Gary Tuner sold Custom Jae 45/ picco to martin. I knew that Best of Frank Orlic work very good job well ;) I said congrats to Martin T B)

Allen ,

this was not the boat i bought from doc, and i didnt buy his engine either, but franks stuff does run! it was my own modified picco, zoom carb and cmb nitro pipe ..and thank you for the compliment!

Martin's equipment is really something else to see run he drive them like they were tether boats unbelievable how close to the buoys he can drive repeatedly lap after lap. With the conditions we had all of the contestants did very well. Really impressed with Mic and Jay's tunnel hull on the rough water it was really hanging all out. Good way to spend the weekend after Thanksgiving.

Back