Last IMPBA Records Trial for 2011

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sure wish I had taken more videos! Looks like I will have to break down and get a better video recorder over the pocket camera I used. Maybe Santa will bring me one, oh wait I'm Santa at my house...

Yes I agree with Bill, good solid driving by Martin, take a look at this video and see how close to the buoys he gets!

See even Martin is human! :D

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
That was the lap that a BIG gust of wind hit the bouy and pushed it out in front of Martins boat. Sounds good anyway. :) :) :)

Sure wish I had taken more videos! Looks like I will have to break down and get a better video recorder over the pocket camera I used. Maybe Santa will bring me one, oh wait I'm Santa at my house...

Yes I agree with Bill, good solid driving by Martin, take a look at this video and see how close to the buoys he gets! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hvBwKUUqYw

See even Martin is human! :D

Paul

GOTTA know the limits... at least he did not "Feel" that one! .lol

Grim

# 2 buoy took a great deal of abuse, in fact one time we replaced the buoy and the very next run we had to go back out and replaced it AGAIN! I guess those 80+ MPH boats are more than a match for a 8" hunk of styrofoam buoy! All in all we only really killed 2 buoys so I guess we did not get our limit... :D

Paul

Paul, the guys at the Flint record trials got smart and started using balloons for buoys. They're a lot cheaper and don't really do any damage.

We are going to concrete buoys! They will last a lifetime, ok the floating part may be a bit hard to work out... I did see on Mythbusters they made a balloon out of lead so it COULD be done... :lol:

Paul

OFFICIAL RESULTS

From the November 26-27 Records Trial

Martin Truex Jr., D Hydro 1/4 mile oval 14.878 sec. This is the fastest 1/4 mile record, on record. Well done sir! B)

Martin Truex Jr., D Hydro 1/3 mile oval 17.158 sec.

Julian Conde, Twin Nitro 1/4 mile oval 16.670 sec.

Bill Zuber, Crackerbox 1/4 mile oval 38.315 sec.

David Hall, N O/B Tunnel 1/3 mile oval 27.596 sec.

David Hall, P O/B Tunnel 1/3 mile oval 27.480 sec.

Congratulations fellas!!! B)

Doug :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back