LAKE SPORT DBL TUNNEL

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SColby

Mark,

I just want to say what a nice boat to run. I am very pleased with it. I finally had the chance to get it running today and WOW it handle really nice. I can't wait until I get the mac on it and see how it is really going to run for me. So my hats off to you and thanks for a nice boat.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
SColby said:
Mark,I just want to say what a nice boat to run. I am very pleased with it.  I finally had the chance to get it running today and WOW it handle really nice. I can't wait until I get the mac on it and see how it is really going to run for me. So my hats off to you and thanks for a nice boat.

Steve

101270[/snapback]

Steve,

What boat are you running?

-Carl

I am running one of Mark Poole's double tunnels. I had put a older k&b on it for set up and to make sure everything worked mechanically with my set up. The only trouble I had was having a fuel pick up line kinked in the hopper tank. Overall I am very pleased with it. Mark did a very nice job an them. I don't have any action pictures of it. It is a little hard to run and snap shots at the same time. :lol: Hopefully next time out I can get my wife to get some of it running. Maybe even some video.

Good to hear Steve! I know you have been wanting to get that boat in the water after the long winter. It does handle cool doesn't it? Bet ya didn't think that such an unconventional boat could turn so good. It may never set a straight line speed record but it more than makes up for that with the way it drives. So much so that if every tunnel racer would have had the chance to drive one there would have been far more agreement on which class to run it in. Have fun buddy!

Hi Tyke,

Is that a Stoker or a Baker in that pic? The hulls that I build are very similar to a Stoker bottom. I build them to order. What else would you like to know? You can PM me or E mail me if you like.

Mark

[email protected]

It's actually a Cougar hull. Made in Salmon Arm B.C.

Its also for sale.

Lots of different lifesize Mod-VP boats out there. I have a friend that owns an STV with one of the Mercury race engines on it. The boat has been over 135 mph. Just goes to show what they are capable of with the right set up.

Your right Mark, I wasn't expecting it to turn so good. It definetly handles nice. I still have some tweeking to do. I will do that as soon as the pipe gets here and I find a header. I am hoping to get out soon again with Wade. We will see what he thinks once he runs it. I have a good feeling he will feel the same way I do about it. I was even thinking I might get rid of my older tunnel and pick up another one from you. I haven't decided on that yet so I will let you know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hear ya! Got a couple of slightly used ones that I have ran myself, a new unrigged one and another in the mold. And the secret one here on the work bench....OOOPS did I say that? :eek:

Well it will probably be another winter project when I do decide. That and I want to come up with a really nice paint scheme for it.

Speaking of paint I really like the shade of green and the team decals on it. Looks great.

You might need to make a little CG change for that Mac Attack powerhead. Remember what I mentioned about where to put weight if you need to add any. To close, I am glad you like the boat Steve.

Mark

Back