Kudos to Phil Thomas

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Attebery

Guys,

I got my Super Sport 45 this week. I thought I'd let those of you who haven't seen one up close know about it.

The boat is very sharp. Almost pinhole free. The cowling and radio box fit very well. Very slick looking with the Stealth cowl. Oh yeah, it's also very light.

If you've been on the fence about buying one I'd highly recommend it.

Chris

BTW: I bought one of Phil's 82U55 boats earlier this year and it is also very nice.

a guy in our club has one and is is one of the fastest boats. the only problem is the thing has hit so much stuff that the sponsons are almost all bondo ;) ;) ;)

Don,

Did you alter the nose sponsons?? It looks like one continual piece rather than the two seperate pieces Phil sends with the kit.

Hey Guys,

Yep, the SS45 is a sweet piece, here's my electric version. B)

Paul.

ss453.jpg

ss457.jpg

P THOMAS said:
Paul that is a real nice job.   hey how do you put pictures in the post? PHIL
Phil,

To post a pic here like Paul did, first the pic needs to be posted on a personal web site. Then use the IMG button (while in edit mode - it's above).. It will put out a window where the pic properties are posted..

I post all mine the same way.. Saves space on the IW server, or where ever they are stored.

Mark..

hhhmmmm, wonder where I got this from?

main.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
All nice boats,I want one.I'm planning on building one but electric.Paul or Phill,is the cowl on the SS45 doesn't have a hole for the pipe?Or did you modify this,Paul.

I'm still thorn if I wanna do a scle 1/8 hydro or just get a sport 45 size hydro just to have a FAAAAST boat other than my 48" offshore.

Phil,what's the lead time for one of your hulls.

Redster

Hey Redster,

Phil makes 2 cowls for that boat and the pipe holes have to be cut open on both. There is a turbine cowl if you like that look, I thought the stealth cowl (on my boat) just looked killer.

I'll tell you this much, my 1/8th scale boat was 10 times the work of the SS45. That might be a good reason to go with the SS45, plus that boat is FAST on 24 cells and would easily handle 32.

Paul.

Redster said:
All nice boats,I want one.I'm planning on building one but electric.Paul or Phill,is the cowl on the SS45 doesn't have a hole for the pipe?Or did you modify this,Paul.I'm still thorn if I wanna do a scle 1/8 hydro or just get a sport 45 size hydro just to have a FAAAAST boat other than my 48" offshore.

Phil,what's the lead time for one of your hulls.

Redster
Im always got one building usually you wait no longer than 4 weeks. Just email me or call when you are ready. PHIL

Back