KRE carbs

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ken, nice looking job on them. And you must have the equipment to make them. Why I ask they look a lot like some carbs that I made twenty-plus years ago. They were called the "Bulldog" carb. Here is a few pictures of a new Pico 45 and a used one on a K 90. Still have all of the CAD drawings on them if you like. I had them to fit many engines.

IMG_1303.JPG

IMG_1304.jpg

IMG_1305.jpg

IMG_1307.jpg

IMG_1308.jpg

IMG_1309.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes it was. We were playing with different lengths. On later carbs I when to just making them into the housing like yours. The longer the bell made the RPM lower and the shorter would allow the RPM to max out. Also the closer the spraybar to the rotor made a difference to. You could also adjust mid range fuel by shorten the length of spraybar from center to the wall of the barrel. Andy Brown broke the 100 mph mark with one on I think a Pico 80 engine. These days all I do is make bar door barrels for the stock carbs using PEEK. Great material for barrels

These days all I do is make bar door barrels for the stock carbs using PEEK. Great material for barrels
interesting, PEEK (composite) material is used in medical (orthopaedic surgery) world as bone "graft" replacement
default_smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Ken, nice looking job on them. And you must have the equipment to make them. Why I ask they look a lot like some carbs that I made twenty-plus years ago. They were called the "Bulldog" carb. Here is a few pictures of a new Pico 45 and a used one on a K 90. Still have all of the CAD drawings on them if you like. I had them to fit many engines.
That is what I am running on my 60 Rigger one of your old carbs.

Ken, the carb that Mark built was very good. I set the straight a way record with his carb on a Rossi 80.

The O ring lets one tune the carb/motor by changing length of the trumpet. K&B did the O ring trumpets and you were given 2 lengths.

Also with the O ring trumpet lets the trumpet resonate. The carb sound is in credible. It literally HOWELS. Sounds like a 4 barrel carb when it opens up.

2 O rings are on the stem of the trumpet.

I would encourage you to build one of your carbs with the trumpet O ringed. It takes TWO O RINGS BTW. You will like IT.

The O ring lets one tune the carb/motor by changing length of the trumpet. K&B did the O ring trumpets and you were given 2 lengths. I would encourage you to build one of your carbs with the trumpet O ringed. It takes TWO O RINGS BTW. You will like IT.
ironic that you mention the "o-ring" venturi system Dr. Turner. I have been playing around with an o-ring venturi set-up, for fun. I got the idea after observing a K&B .82 ducted-fan engine, which comes stock with the special K&B R/C carb (supplied with 2 interchangeable o-ring venturi's). Anyway, I was able to purchase both sizes of the original o-ring venturi replacement parts directly from K&B (MECOA). My plan is to modify a Carl Brey (Cee Bee Marine) "Jet-Ring" carb to accept these o-ring venturi's.

What I'm trying to figure out is:

Should the inside-bore diameter of the carb be slotted for the o-rings to "lock" in place? Or should the carb inside-bore diameter provide a tight "slip" fit (no slots)? I'm looking for an ideal bore ID size. Of course I will have to measure/verify OD and ID of K&B o-ring venturi's.

CeeBeeMarine_JetRing,Carb_Rossi-.65,.80MarineDV_07.jpg

CeeBeeMarine_JetRing,Carb_Rossi-.65,.80MarineDV_08.jpg

CeeBeeMarine_JetRing,Carb_Rossi-.65,.80MarineDV_04.jpg

CeeBeeMarine_JetRing,Carb_Rossi-.65,.80MarineDV_05.jpg

CeeBeeMarine_JetRing,Carb_Rossi-.65,.80MarineDV_02.jpg

Latest posts

Back