K67/CMB Greenhead nose length difference?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Attebery

Hello,

I've got another question for you 67 guys. What's the difference in the nose length from the K67 to the CMB Greenhead? From the pictures I've seen the K is about 3/4" longer. I'd like to be able to set my boat up to accept both motors. The nose length is the only big difference I can see.

Thanks!

The bolt hole spacing is slightly different too. I had to make new mounts when I switched to the K motor.

Carb linkages might need to be changed also for that combo.

Tim.

Tim,

Once again, I'm in your debt. I knew the motor was longer, I thought that the bolt spacing was the same.

Chris

If you need any further dimensions of the K67 - just ask away. I sold my CMB greenhead so I can't measure it!!

The headers you mentioned on the teflon thread sound interesting - have any pic's at all?

Tim.

If you need any measurments off the cmb 67 i have 2 .

What are the k motor for power compared to the cmb & mac motors i've never used one myself :( :unsure:

I think that as same Rossi 90 also K&B .67 fit bolt mount but better contract to Allen Terry

PHM Racing said:
What are the k motor for power compared to the cmb & mac motors i've never used one myself :( :unsure:
Like anything I guess - if you find the right setup for them they are awesome. It took me a while to find out which pipe and prop etc. but I'm more than happy with it now. The other 2 engines are also very good motors if the setup is right!

I really like these engines - the casting and machining is 1st class B) I can send you some pic's if you like?

Dave,

I'd have to measure it up for you when I get home from work. I have a spare 67 rod out of the piston so that's easy.

Tim.

TIM thanks for the pic's B) that a pretty hardcore motor what HP rating is the 67 and the 90 :rolleyes:

Mike

Mike,

I'm not for one in believing HP figures unless they are independently tested on the same dyno. (manufacturers figures can be deceiving :p ) To be honest I don't even know what they are rated at :p

I like the case, crankshaft and rod setup - it is super strong. The pipe length is not ruled by mechanical failure ;) ;) I also like the drum rotor running on a bearing and the way the rotor is balanced and the housing relieved to reduce drag.

Some really nice touches in this motor.

Tim.

Back