K&B stuff

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: K&B stuff

Guys,

can anyone tell me something about Thunder Tiger outboard. If anyone has experience using the engine I would appreciate if you can tell me. As I said I want to buy the engine but I´m a bit pessimistic about quality. What is the story about the bearings? I have read the article about tuning it and it seems to me that non modified engine would simply fall apart after some time being used ???

Thanks...

Re: K&B stuff

Tomy,

If you want the O.S. get it the U.S. distributer Great Planes will have parts for 2 more years. I'm sure someone will import the OS outboard .

If you need parts after that time you should be able to get them from Japans hobbie dealers. The consensis is O.S. will still have the engines, they just won't be distributed into the U.S. by Great Planes.

As far as piston & sleeves & rods, you can use the O.S. car engine parts and some of the O.S. marine inboard engine parts.

Now the Thunder Tiger engine. If you now know that the threads are weak, you take it easy when tightening them you should be ok . Now the bearings!! If you buy the engine at $170.00 U.S. and buy a set of aftermarket bearings $30.00- $40.00 you still come out cheaper than buying the O.S. & a used K&B that you will most probably have to rebuild anyway.

Now you have to decide do I pay$250.00 U.S. for O.S. or pay 210.00 for the TunderTiger & bearings.

Bearings from WWW.BOCA.COM

But you must have the TT engine to get the bearing sizes to order!!!! THIS MEANS YOU MUST TEAR DOWN THE ENGINE !!!!

WE CAN NOT TELL YOU WHAT TO DO!! You must decide!! WE can tell you what we think only!!

;D

Back