K/B PRAISE

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NAMBA860

AFTER BREAKING A ROD IN MY K/B .82 LAST SUNDAY I WENT ON THEIR WEB SITE AND FOUND ALL THE PARTS I NEEDED IN STOCK TO COMPLETE THE REBUILD BEFORE THIS WEEKENDS RACE. I WANTED TO OVER NIGHT THEM AND MUCH TO MY SUPRISE THE COST WAS AROUND $56.00 SO I TRIED TO 2ND DAY AIR IT WAS ABOUT HALF $28.00 ROUGHLY SO I WENT FOR THAT INSTEAD STILL THINKING IT WAS A BIT HIGH BUT DIDNT HAVE TIME TO ARGUE THE PRICE. I DID ALL THE ORDERING ON LINE AND THE PARTS WERE REAL REASONABLE I GOT A NEW ROD 2 NEW BEARINGS, CRANKSHAFT STUD,AND WRIST PIN CLIPS FOR $60.00. I THOUGHT THE PRICE WAS REAL REASONABLE. MUCH TO MY SUPRISE THE THE PARTS WERE AT MY DOOR STEP A DAY EARLY. I OPENED THE BOX AND FOUND A NICE NEW K/B HAT AND THEY ONLY CHARGED ME $10.00 FOR OVERNIGHT FREIGHT. I WAS VERY SURPISED AT THE QUALITY OF THE CONNECTING ROD TOO THE OLD DOG BONE STYLE THAT WAS IN IT WAS REPLACED WITH A NEWER STYLE BEAM ROD. SO I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU TO K/B /MECOA FOR THE GREAT SERVICE IM ONCE AGAIN GLAD TO BE RUNNING K/B ENGINES IN MY BOAT,SHANE FORREST NAMBA 860!

Last edited by a moderator:
AFTER BREAKING A ROD IN MY K/B .82 LAST SUNDAY I WENT ON THEIR WEB SITE AND FOUND ALL THE PARTS I NEEDED IN STOCK TO COMPLETE THE REBUILD BEFORE THIS WEEKENDS RACE. I WANTED TO OVER NIGHT THEM AND MUCH TO MY SUPRISE THE COST WAS AROUND $56.00 SO I TRIED TO 2ND DAY AIR IT WAS ABOUT HALF $28.00 ROUGHLY SO I WENT FOR THAT INSTEAD STILL THINKING IT WAS A BIT HIGH BUT DIDNT HAVE TIME TO ARGUE THE PRICE. I DID ALL THE ORDERING ON LINE AND THE PARTS WERE REAL REASONABLE I GOT A NEW ROD 2 NEW BEARINGS, CRANKSHAFT STUD,AND WRIST PIN CLIPS FOR $60.00. I THOUGHT THE PRICE WAS REAL REASONABLE. MUCH TO MY SUPRISE THE THE PARTS WERE AT MY DOOR STEP A DAY EARLY. I OPENED THE BOX AND FOUND A NICE NEW K/B HAT AND THEY ONLY CHARGED ME $10.00 FOR OVERNIGHT FREIGHT. I WAS VERY SURPISED AT THE QUALITY OF THE CONNECTING ROD TOO THE OLD DOG BONE STYLE THAT WAS IN IT WAS REPLACED WITH A NEWER STYLE BEAM ROD. SO I JUST WANTED TO SAY THANK YOU TO K/B /MECOA FOR THE GREAT SERVICE IM ONCE AGAIN GLAD TO BE RUNNING K/B ENGINES IN MY BOAT,SHANE FORREST NAMBA 860!
had the same experience with K&B order parts on Monday no special shipping had them on Friday did the whole thing on the web site with credit card. I too got a free hat. lots of good info and parts brake downs on web site. I am new to boating and have done a lot of checking around many old K&B engines for sale for a good price and with part at a good price what more could you want. Kinda like a Small block Chevy.

most of you already know all i do is 3.5 k&b ob's. i have NEVER had any issues or backorders or out of stock's from k&b/mecoa. have 3 hats, now........ really have been great to deal with. had a rod break in about 30 sec. of run time! they replaced it, no questions. had a lower crack, right through the pivot pin hole. hole wasn't machined all the way on one side of the casting, putting it in a bind, when i tightened the screws. i e-mailed them pics, to avoid shipping $ on a lower, they agreed & replaced it. plus, old k&b's are cheap & plentiful.

Called for 7.5CC no Stock, Called for 11cc... NO stock, Called for 13CC NO stock, so they have the 3.5cc outboards but with little parts, hell they dont even have parts for the 11cc.....it seems everytime i call them for something they have the EXACT opposite from what i need....You know when K/B was in Downey, CA they NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM....then they moved too havasu, and well....after that and the move back to monrovia all went to hell....not saying completly, but pretty close. You bought a new K/B and the rod broke in 30 seconds!!>>?!! WHY DOESNT K/B FIX THE CRAPOLA RODS FOR ONCE....Every k/b i have EVER owned has broken the rod at the same place. 3.5, 7.5 pro, 11CC ALL of them broke the Rod at the same place....right at the bushing end......wait though. i have a Nitro TC3....have used OS, Nova Rossi, Rossi, CMB, Ofna Hyper, NONE OF THESE ENGINES HAVE EVER BROKE A GOD **** CONNECTING ROD..they all just got lower on compression after 3-4 years of running them.....i am for the most part Tired of K/B and the connectiing rods that look like they were made by a cave man.....like at a picco or an OS connecting rod....IT looks like an H-Beam out of an Indy Car......Another reason i am switching to GAS. Parts, More Engine Mods, Cheaper Fuel, Cheaper plugs, Larger Engine, More fun less bull **** hassel... Sorry for the neagtivty everyone, but i have had alot of time with this company and there engines, and manily this is what i see from myself and alot of others...Yet they dont do anything to help satisfy someome buying there product, I remeber i used to pay 100-120 dollars for a 3.5CC outboard, now there 260 bucks?>>? and too make it worse the 11cc;s are now 400?? can anyone say Zenoah!

I've always had good luck ordering parts directly from K&B/Mecoa, I've never had a problem. Too Bad their K&B HP glow plugs are soooo expensive! They work very well in my MAC .67's.

Josh-

Jcazz, no i bought only the rod, to rebuild a motor. i have since learned how to prep new k&b rods, prior to use. but, i agree with you 100%, the current rod offered by k&b/mecoa is pure junk! i only run the old dog bone/round rods, or some aftermarket rpm's & aeromarine's i lucked into. 1 of my dogbones is old enough not to have any bushing on the pistin pin end, just at the crank - still going strong in an ex. throttle mod ob............. i have heard issues on larger engines & parts, but never had the first problem with 3.5 stuff. another reason i run 'em.

i ran about 10 gallons through my old disk rotor k&b 67 i/b and never had a rod break. In fact, never had any issue with it til a bearing finally started going out after lots of abuse. Only thing i ever did was add the long velocity stack for it that i got from Don F. i believe. Also never had any issues ordering parts through mecoa.

Hey guys I met the guy that took over K/B engines a long time ago he showed up at Legg Lake on day all of us that run those engines offerd to help him R/d engines for him and help bring back the engine line to the greatness it once was But he was not interested and seem like he did not care .when Mark Grim offers him to help develope engines and basically blows you off well that tells you alot right there the man has to many irons in the fire

Vince

Well what needs to happen is something NEW....i mean, we have companys and people doing half conversions of everything but not offering a good line of product in complete means. Alot of us like to run outboards, well we have the engines, but we dont have the conversions to mount them into being outboards. All these companys, and OS is the only one that makes a complete Commerical outboard, and TT. but there only .21

it would be nice if CMB made an acutally 11CC outboard without YOU having to convert it. Yes, we all like the fact of doing custom things, another point to this hobby, BUT....its also nice to buy a complete ready Outboard that was produced at a company and ready to rock, like the old k/b days. I guess MONEY not only buys things....but in the end, it buys peoples souls too.....

i ran about 10 gallons through my old disk rotor k&b 67 i/b and never had a rod break. In fact, never had any issue with it til a bearing finally started going out after lots of abuse. Only thing i ever did was add the long velocity stack for it that i got from Don F. i believe. Also never had any issues ordering parts through mecoa.
I could run double that amount of fuel through an OS .18 in my TC3 and the only thing that happens will be compression, Not a flywheel flying off, bolts comming loose, bearings that go **** bound, and weak ass head buttons that strip....not too mention rods that break at the same exact place either with 10 gallons of fuel or 1 gallon of fuel....i had retapped and re fitted alot of the main bolt ups on my K/b 11cc case just to keep a better bite with the bolts...oh ya and a lil loc tite with a lock washer...and yes! my bearings were all still good.

I still have my .21 tunnel .45 tunnel and my .67 tunnel, the first too i can still be fine with because fourtunatly there are other routes besides K/B for most of the smaller engines, but for a big boat.....35 inch and up, i have decided to Retire my 11CC and go with a nice F-41 Stryker Cat and a Gas engine....

I could run double that amount of fuel through an OS .18 in my TC3 and the only thing that happens will be compression, Not a flywheel flying off, bolts comming loose, bearings that go **** bound, and weak ass head buttons that strip....not too mention rods that break at the same exact place either with 10 gallons of fuel or 1 gallon of fuel....i had retapped and re fitted alot of the main bolt ups on my K/b 11cc case just to keep a better bite with the bolts...oh ya and a lil loc tite with a lock washer...and yes! my bearings were all still good.
Guess i was one of the lucky ones that never had those problems with all the K&B's i ran. :rolleyes:

Called for 7.5CC no Stock, Called for 11cc... NO stock, Called for 13CC NO stock, so they have the 3.5cc outboards but with little parts, hell they dont even have parts for the 11cc.....it seems everytime i call them for something they have the EXACT opposite from what i need....You know when K/B was in Downey, CA they NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM....then they moved too havasu, and well....after that and the move back to monrovia all went to hell....not saying completly, but pretty close. You bought a new K/B and the rod broke in 30 seconds!!>>?!! WHY DOESNT K/B FIX THE CRAPOLA RODS FOR ONCE....Every k/b i have EVER owned has broken the rod at the same place. 3.5, 7.5 pro, 11CC ALL of them broke the Rod at the same place....right at the bushing end......wait though. i have a Nitro TC3....have used OS, Nova Rossi, Rossi, CMB, Ofna Hyper, NONE OF THESE ENGINES HAVE EVER BROKE A GOD **** CONNECTING ROD..they all just got lower on compression after 3-4 years of running them.....i am for the most part Tired of K/B and the connectiing rods that look like they were made by a cave man.....like at a picco or an OS connecting rod....IT looks like an H-Beam out of an Indy Car......Another reason i am switching to GAS. Parts, More Engine Mods, Cheaper Fuel, Cheaper plugs, Larger Engine, More fun less bull **** hassel... Sorry for the neagtivty everyone, but i have had alot of time with this company and there engines, and manily this is what i see from myself and alot of others...Yet they dont do anything to help satisfy someome buying there product, I remeber i used to pay 100-120 dollars for a 3.5CC outboard, now there 260 bucks?>>? and too make it worse the 11cc;s are now 400?? can anyone say Zenoah!
have you ever heard of inflation? go price out a cmb size .21 engine then price out a k/b .21 size engine the k/b is still cheaper. not outboards i mean inboards. i have to believe that they dont produce any engines currently because a lot of people are bad mouthing them. i keep hearing people complaing about nitro boaters not having enough varity of engines to pick from. heres a good example of a pioneer of model marine engines and nobody wants to run them. maybe if we tryed to support them a little more we could have an alternative to run. give them some ideas like steel rods with needle bearings, piston porting maybe even a billet case. they have all the cnc equipment to do it.theres an open door for someone to produce a good marine engine. its getting skinny out there guys with picco being gone not being able to get any mac engines, ops is getting a little more difficult to get, hell i dont even know where you would buy an os engine. cmb deffintly has the market cornered but can you even get a .67 inboard right now?

Ok the inflation rate might be true, but it isnt true on gasoline engines as much as the nitro, Second, people really didnt bad mouth k/b as much as they used too, its the company that decides these things......i hate to say it, i loved there outboards over the years, but the people that want or try to support k/b, they just get left...k/b doesnt take the time to fully take advantage of what they should do, and thats to give us good engines, after all, there the only company thats been around so long to provide the outboards, you would of think they learned something over there 50 year time span.... its just common sense to me..... iam really tired of there engines going boom on me....i mean dont get me wrong ive had a few spirited k/b;s :)

ill still keep my .21 and ,45 tunnels but anything more and i think ill stick too gas.

Not too thread jack, but which gas boat is good for the all around and sum go, the Blastcat 40 or the Stryker F41. , Stainless Steel pipe or Steel??

Not too thread jack, but which gas boat is good for the all around and sum go, the Blastcat 40 or the Stryker F41. , Stainless Steel pipe or Steel??

Strykers have a tendancy to "blow apart" like your K&B's on a hard stuff.... you might look into different options

Latest posts

Back