K/B piston /sleeve

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob miller

who made the piston and sleeves for the K/B PRO 45 OUTBOARD ? are they still in business ?....thanks....bob

Bob

K/B back in the day made them for the pro, I have a .45 Redhead and have tried for year to get a piston and sleeve with no success. K/B seems to goin out of business or they are really slow about making anything these days. Maybe try Brad Christy he might be able to make you one if time permitting.

Beau

Have you got a part number for that piston and sleeve your looking for -- I might have something for you

Henry

Bob

K/B back in the day made them for the pro, I have a .45 Redhead and have tried for year to get a piston and sleeve with no success. K/B seems to goin out of business or they are really slow about making anything these days. Maybe try Brad Christy he might be able to make you one if time permitting.

Beau
i had a P/S made by brad christy , he does nice work but it took a long wait to get one , i was thinking if it would be possible to get a company interested in making a large order of K/B P/S ...bob

Model Engine Company Of america (MECOA) bought out K&B many years ago and they now own all rights and the tooling for K&B. They still make and sell the K&B line and you may want to contact them. www.mecoa.com

Model Engine Company Of america (MECOA) bought out K&B many years ago and they now own all rights and the tooling for K&B. They still make and sell the K&B line and you may want to contact them. www.mecoa.com
thanks for the tip , john otto is making a p/s conversion from air plane stock,,,,bob

MECOA has not made parts for the K&B 7.5 Pro in at least 4 years. And, there doesn't appear to be any change in that situation.

JD

does anyone who has had experience in ordering large numbers of parts know appoximately how much it would costto order 200 P/L to fit a K/B pro 45 ob...i'm thinking of dealing with a quality company ie JETT motors or NELSON motors...thanks...bob

Bob

I would be interested in getting a new piston and sleeve for my redhead? I Love the motor but she is in need of a new one soon.

Bob

I would be interested in getting a new piston and sleeve for my redhead? I Love the motor but she is in need of a new one soon.
i think there are plenty of ob boaters would like to be able to order a new k/b pro p/s , at this point i'm curious what it would cost to have a large order of p/s made up , plus i'm not interested in making a profit at this undertaking , i just would like to see the 45 tunnel class continue...bob

Bob

i think there are plenty of ob boaters would like to be able to order a new k/b pro p/s , at this point i'm curious what it would cost to have a large order of p/s made up , plus i'm not interested in making a profit at this undertaking , i just would like to see the 45 tunnel class continue...bob
Here's the "Catch 22" problem with the NAMBA rulebook regarding Stock Engines - parts must be made by the original manufacturer. Even if you could get the parts manufactured, they wouldn't be legal in a NAMBA Stock Class.

JD

J.D.,

I agree with what you are saying about the NAMBA rules. For the sake of conversation, if we intend to keep this class alive, which it seems only K&B engines run. We(NAMBA members) might want to consider an alternative rules package like what they run back here in IMPBA Sport classes and in the STORM Series with their Outlaw class.Don't get me wrong, I like the Stock classes, but I think we need to keep participation going.I still have two of the Redhead Pro engines(in the stock form)and will race in this class as long as I can.

Jimmy Johnson

Have you got a part number for that piston and sleeve your looking for -- I might have something for you

Henry
henry meccoas number for the K/B redhead p/s is 33- 4821 , bob
Bob

I have a few KB piston and liners in there original package,s -- some are hard to read numbers but some are clear -- here,s some of them

part number 9167 and 7778 or 8734 plus I have some cranks in the KB package,s

Hope this can help

Henry

Henry
henry meccoas number for the K/B redhead p/s is 33- 4821 , bob
Bob

I have a few KB piston and liners in there original package,s -- some are hard to read numbers but some are clear -- here,s some of them

part number 9167 and 7778 or 8734 plus I have some cranks in the KB package,s

Hope this can help

Henry
henry thanks for checking on those parts , maybe someone knows which number is right for the k/b pro...bob

bob, that`s the correct part # according to mecoa. #9167 & 8734 are for inboards. # 7778 could not find.

CARTER

The whole purpose of a "stock" class is to level the playing field with equipment that is availiable to everyone. Why NAMBA has a class that no-one can buy new equipment, much less replacement parts for is beyond me. IMPBA has no 40 sport class in their rulebook. Would be great if both organizationd would adopt the Charleston format and have a true national class in both organizations. Here in the South East the outlaw class is growing and making headway in Dist 3. There are new motors availiable, Nelson and Rossi with lowers from Hyperformance and Lawless. K&B motors are still out there and will eventually dry up but enough are running to support 2 40 classes,Mod & "Stock/Outlaw". Would be a step in the right direction and keep outboards alive. Time to make some common sense changes.

Mic

The whole purpose of a "stock" class is to level the playing field with equipment that is availiable to everyone. Why NAMBA has a class that no-one can buy new equipment, much less replacement parts for is beyond me. IMPBA has no 40 sport class in their rulebook. Would be great if both organizationd would adopt the Charleston format and have a true national class in both organizations. Here in the South East the outlaw class is growing and making headway in Dist 3. There are new motors availiable, Nelson and Rossi with lowers from Hyperformance and Lawless. K&B motors are still out there and will eventually dry up but enough are running to support 2 40 classes,Mod & "Stock/Outlaw". Would be a step in the right direction and keep outboards alive. Time to make some common sense changes.

Mic
I agree. A little of something is better than all of nothing.

JD

Back