K&B conrod

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bjacobsen71

Just curious as to which rod is considered the better of the two, the round dogbone rod or the current 'H' beam rod that comes with the 3.5?

rod geraghty has told me the current production rod is a good piece, but the dog bone rod is better. many styles of dog bones rods out there. you want the one with bushings in both ends & oil holes in both ends ;) .

I have a motor thats ran a dogbone for more than 4 years no concerns.So id say either one is fine

Thanks for the info, have both styles and was just curious if one was better than the other. Thanks again.

Just another quick question, going through some of my old stash I found two kb 3.5 outboard crankshafts, both have the integral crankpin (not pressed in) and both are 13mm cranks, one has "13" stamped in the counterbalance and the other doesn't, is there any difference in the two, is one newer manufacture than the other, just trying to educate myself here, thanks again.

Just another quick question, going through some of my old stash I found two kb 3.5 outboard crankshafts, both have the integral crankpin (not pressed in) and both are 13mm cranks, one has "13" stamped in the counterbalance and the other doesn't, is there any difference in the two, is one newer manufacture than the other, just trying to educate myself here, thanks again.
The 13mm crank is the largest and best/last crank design K&B made for their 3.5 OB motors.

Latest posts

Back