K&B carberator

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StoneD

Does anyone know where to find a better carberator to my K&B 7.5 ? I have heard of red , gold and black carberator . Who is best and where to buy them ?

There's an 11cc K&B carb that came on the inboards that some of the guys are using on the 7.5's. I'll ask my friend Lorenzo which carb he's using. He swears by it.

The red carb with an adapter works well in a mod 7.5, Geraghty makes a bullet proof carb that performs very well also, The .375 bore K&B carb is also a good choice (it came in the earlier 7.5 outboard).

Mark

StoneD,

What carb do you have now? If it's the old style K&B carb with the needle valve in the side of the carb housing, you might like a newer K&B remote needle carb. they Idle well and are easy to adjust. I have them on all my K&B motors.

I'm just a pleasure boater.........the racing guys might tell you something else.

Have you tried cleaning the one you have?

Bob the Fool :blink:

I use the old one whith the K/B marks on it , and it's a 7,75 mm hole in it. That should be 0,305 i think in us. That sucker should fit better on a 21 engine !!

StoneD

If your carb has a .305 bore, It might be from an aircraft motor. The carb supplied by the factory for 7.5 marine is more on the order of .370 throat size.

there are 2 styles of K&B marine carb. the older has the needle valve in the side of the carb case. these carbs work fine. there is someone on eBay that

has been offering new ones for about $20. I just checked and there are none offered right now...........

The other (newer) style is the same bore size, but the needle valve is seperate from the carb(remote needle valve). carb(new) is about $45 and the needle valve is about $12. Put up a "want to buy" post on the For Sale page asking for a remote needle carb and remote needle for a K&B 7.5. I'll bet someone will offer you both for about $35 to $40.

If you don't get any responce from the for sale page, I do have a good used one. it's the only spare I have but if you can't easily find one, we can work out a deal on the one I have. I can also help you order a new one.

Fool,

has it right.....I've got the newer style remote K&B carb and the remote needle that goes with it, yours for $40. It's my last one and I'm not to motivated to sell it but to help you out I'll part with it for $40 plus a couple bones to cover shipping

That carb is off the very earliest 7.5 outboards.These were the predecessors to the 8702.

This carb has a .312" bore.It has an articulating steel barrel,meaning it goes in and out while it is being rotated back and forth.This was a good carb.The mounting neck is .625" diameter.

I think I have a box full of them somewhere. ;)

HEY GUYS : ROD GERHATY BUILDS THE FINIEST THERE IS IN THE CARB, TELL HIM WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO DO WITH IT AND HE WILL PUT ONE TOGETHER FOR YOU GOD BLESS

For StoneD:

Here's the most economical answer.............eBay item # 5913678651

This is a stock integral needle carb for a 7.5 OB

Back