• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Int'l Waters and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

K&B carb

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking around yesterday on ebay & rcu, a few carb lots for sale, some black carbs there.

mike, some folks like gold, some say black. some even say red (bigger than gold). i think the black carb mills better, and has better throttle response. the gold carb is a LITTLE better on top end. james at O.E.R. has some mods for the black carb that help. on a STOCK motor, a black is probably better, but add a pipe, & internal mods, you will need the flow that the gold carb provides. this info is strictly my opinion/experience with 3.5 K&B ob's. this really doesn't help you, because, like me, we suspect this isn't anything to do with k&b ob's :p .

mike, some folks like gold, some say black. some even say red (bigger than gold). i think the black carb mills better, and has better throttle response. the gold carb is a LITTLE better on top end. james at O.E.R. has some mods for the black carb that help. on a STOCK motor, a black is probably better, but add a pipe, & internal mods, you will need the flow that the gold carb provides. this info is strictly my opinion/experience with 3.5 K&B ob's. this really doesn't help you, because, like me, we suspect this isn't anything to do with k&b ob's :p .
All i use is the gold one on my stock k/b,if you run the ss motor and race B sport tunnel its gotta be gold! I wonder how THE GOD FATHER <GERAGHTY feels on this subject?

yeah, but impba b sport ain't STOCK.
Well from the outside it needs to look untampered with! You wont get away with a black carb on anything but the watercooled crummy exhaust version in B sport. I think we have HIJACKED Ollys thread. I bow to the US-1 GOD

well, i did start out with a helpful post :p , sorry 'bout the rest, olly :rolleyes: .

Last edited by a moderator:
Rod loves these carbs, he is the one who turned me on to them and told me what to do to make the dang near perfect. I use them for a lot of engines.

~James

Olly it will go in the mail Tuesday, it is at the parents house & i just need to go out & grab it.

Graham

Latest posts

Back