K&B 82 STARTING PROBLEM

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

james scala

purchased a super coyote with a k&b 82 disc rotor motor. cant turn it over with a dynatron on 24 volts. pulled the head and there is no shim in it. motor is new and has never been fired. does anyone know what shim to use and where to get one. i appreciate the help. thanks again.

purchased a super coyote with a k&b 82 disc rotor motor. cant turn it over with a dynatron on 24 volts. pulled the head and there is no shim in it. motor is new and has never been fired. does anyone know what shim to use and where to get one. i appreciate the help. thanks again.
Your going to need a 10 thou shim and a 5 thou shim. When I had new K&B 82's, It took 3 of us to get it running. Remove the plug, spin the engine and get some fuel flowing, while still spinning the engine, and with someone holding the boat down, have the other guy start the plug in the head while still spinning it and hold the ignitor on it, when it fires, tighten the plug. Mine was like this when cold and for about a half gallon of fuel. I started mine with a Sullivan on 12 volts.

Buy some K&S brass shim stock and make them. Take the head button and press it on the shim stock and make an impression. Then cut the center out with an xacto blade and then cut the outside with scissors.

Heat the engine to approximately 200° with a heat gun then start it. It will turn over easily.

You can order stuff from Meco .Model engines of America they sell K&B parts you shure need some shims in it I they are about 7$

Guys , the engine was a new , tight and he just needed to fully prime the engine with plug out , finger in carb and fuel full . Clean out engine , fired right up . Seen plenty of fast KB 82's over the years so pipe down Zen Master !! :lol: :lol:

Back