K&B 6.5 marine.

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I suppose I qualify as an "old timer/s" and I ran the 6.5 K&B Marine engine before they changed over to the 7.5. It ran ok "back in the day." An "old engine" in an "old rigger" sounds like a nostalgia build to me.
JD

Pulling one out of my Dumas DV 40-CF for conversion to electric.
Last ran in the early 1990's. Was really loud as I recall.IMG_1465.jpeg

Well, I suppose I qualify as an "old timer/s" and I ran the 6.5 K&B Marine engine before they changed over to the 7.5. It ran ok "back in the day." An "old engine" in an "old rigger" sounds like a nostalgia build to me.
JD
Im having some fun with "old stuff".......im building a Dumas '73 Pak with an old style K&B 3.5 I.B., and ive got a Coyote rigger with a 7.5 K&B disk rotor.....I thought id stick the 6.5 in it just to see how it runs......going back in time, I guess!

Bill the 6.5 was a power house in it's day. It was KBs pylon race motor that turned into a marine engine with that loud mini pipe. There were some 80 mph patches given out with that motor. Also the 6.5 motor was not setup for a tuned pipe, that came with John Akerman and the 7.5. Lastly watch out for the brass retainer bearing going out and the rod. Good luck and have fun.

Bill the 6.5 was a power house in it's day. It was KBs pylon race motor that turned into a marine engine with that loud mini pipe. There were some 80 mph patches given out with that motor. Also the 6.5 motor was not setup for a tuned pipe, that came with John Akerman and the 7.5. Lastly watch out for the brass retainer bearing going out and the rod. Good luck and have fun.
Tim, thanks so much for the information on the 6.5! Im sure ill have fun with it, and ill try not to tweak on it too hard!

Back