K&B 3.5

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

460_f100_dude

how many version of the k&b 3.5 did k&b make i just bought a 3.5 block off ebay but my sleeve doesnt fit and the ports are different compared to 3 other blocks, the exhaust casting on the outside of the block is different too, but back to the thing about the sleev if my sleev wont fit how can they truly call this block a 3.5 like it says on the side of it if my 3.5 piston wont fint insode the thing thanks Darren

[SIZE=14pt]K&B 3.5 has had many countless versions as well as different version crank sizes. It's vertuially impossible at times to guess which parts for sale will fit you motor unless you can try them out for yourself.[/SIZE]

Hi F100 Dude,

Just a bit of trivia but I've got a 351 F100 - sort of a project I haven't got to yet.

Back on the point - the case you brought of Ebay is most likely an early case - I can post you pictures of the different variations if you want. Some give aways are no reinforcing web on the engine lugs, either none or thin fin like webs on the exhaust and the case bore is the wrong size (larger I think - would need to check) and uses a liner with a castelated sleeve top. All of these are 12mm crank motors if early. What are the numbers on the side of the engine lug? What motor are you trying to replace the case on?

GT

:eek: If you need K&B inboard parts or 2 complete modified engines with RPM rods I can help you out. Have a case or two of the newest style, 1 outboard and 1 inboard type.

And LOTS of piston/liners and stock rods.

Scott

GTR...more trivia.

I have a 351W Ford Fairmont project I haven't gotten around to yet!

I believe the earlier 3.5s used a thinner liner, making the case bore too small for a new liner to fit.

Latest posts

Back