Just for Fun

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuck Hildreth

Hey guys just bored waiting for boating season to start back up replaying getting beat this year in my mind lol. I was wondering what your guys top 5 people from your racing area that would be toughest in a scale final and toughest in a Spt 40 heat. Mine would be as follows (from d14 there are 20 tough boats in each class so in no way is this a knock to anyone i don't mention anyone could win any given weekend, these see just heats that would make me say oh crap)

Spt 40

Steve Peterson

Mikey Z

Ken Hildreth

Chris Thornton (Though i have not raced him yet he dominated this year)

David Pruess

Scale

Brian Schymik

Mikey Schindler

Mikey Z (he is tough no matter what he races lol)

Duke M

Phil Thomas

I just went by who has been tough these past few years that i race against consistently. I love racing with everyone from D14 especially in scale and spt40. Supper tough classes. Can't wait until spring Evansville

Since I don't follow the smaller boats, can't say about them. As far as the scale boats go, that's easy in D-8:

Kirk Maupin (R/CU champion multiple times)

Dave Brandt (R/CU champion multiple times)

John Hruby (UNW champion multiple times)

Paul Jackson (consistantly in the top 5)

Adam Putich (consistantly in the top 5)

That being said, there are several others that can be just as tough to beat any given day

Last edited by a moderator:
Here in district 12 the lineup is killer in scale and sport 40! Scale would be John Finch, Don Ferrette, Bob Morton, Tim Clark, and Gregg Heffner. Sport40 would be Dick Tyndall, Don Ferrette, Charles Jones, Tim Jones , and Steve Speas. There are others that could fit this list too on any given weekend of racing. It all comes down to being prepared to take advantage of opportunities as the race unfolds.

Thats really cool to hear names of tough racers in other places. Yea i agree i could probably name two more heats of each class that would be just as tough around here. I know Don and Bob are tough! They have whooped up on me before! Haha

I only really follow scale

Kirk Maupin RCU

David Newton RCU

Dave Brandt RCU

Jesse Robertson (Retired to drive those **** models 8 times as big as ours,, nailed his starts in RCU and in Doha

Too many others to pick from. If I don't name anyone then everyone else can think it is them.

For me.

Sport 40

Chris Thornton

David Hagan

Ken Hildreth

Wesley

The Schindlers

Steve P

The Schymik

Scale.

Brian Schymik

Doug Shepard

Mike Starret

Mike Schindler

Chris Thorton

Well being on one of these lists is humbling…

and in D14 Scale, I always look for Phil T and Steve Peterson. If rick Bellinger is here. you gotta watch him. Also When Ryan hobby shows up, pay attention. And last but not least, Chuck Hildreth deserves a shout out… if he's inside, and he is often, its usually over.

someday Ill have to get back out west to run with Maupin and the Brandts

How about another road trip Mikey?

I completely agree with including Ryan on my list. He just needs to come out and race! Some of my best memorable races are against Ryan and Brian. The fight for lane one is like a race in itself lol. Id like to make a road trip and race some new people. That would be cool. I also agree with Doug Shepard too. Had a lot of good racing against him as well.

Another great scale boat builder and driver is Greg Hahn. Very fast race boats that look cool too. Scott Wadlow and Dean Werges used to be really good in spt 40 too.

Ive raced a ton of good people in both Sport40 and Scale. Bottom line is I dont have to win,as long as you shake and tremor on the stand. Wes remember I was the old man who snuck inside you coming off of 2 in Madison. All I heard was who was that and Ken say its the old man go get him!

Yea Sam i hope to make the evasville races next year. I raced in mendota and mt vernon this year. Yea Mikey i heard the story from that final and seen video. Awesome racing. I agree i have raced alot of good people in both scale and spt 40. Both hard to win in and very competitive.

I've seen best passes ever. One was by Brian Schymik at the Wine run and the other was by David Hagan in Celina.

Add Rob and Mike Betke to your list. I got the "Shake and Bake" move from the Betke's last year once or twice.

Add Joe Wiebelhaus to the list also.

Bert Dygert

Back