Just farting around!

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was messing around yesterday and put a cool little paint job on my Insane Thunderboat. I was able to get it all cleared today! Really happy with is one. All leftover paint and decals from past jobs!!
That looks really cool! I like that material you used for your vents. What is that? The vents are simple but functional and cool looking.

That looks really cool! I like that material you used for your vents. What is that? The vents are simple but functional and cool looking.
I was walking around Home Depot one day and found this stuff near the gutters and roof vents. I forget what it is for but it’s was pre bent and shaped and maybe 15” x 6”.
Yea I’m always looking around HD and Lowes for stuff like this. I laugh when I get asked if I need any help. I need help alright but they don’t have the kind of help I need!!!

The next time I’m there I see if I can find it and maybe see what it’s used for. I will also get a pic for you.

I was walking around Home Depot one day and found this stuff near the gutters and roof vents. I forget what it is for but it’s was pre bent and shaped and maybe 15” x 6”.
Yea I’m always looking around HD and Lowes for stuff like this. I laugh when I get asked if I need any help. I need help alright but they don’t have the kind of help I need!!!

The next time I’m there I see if I can find it and maybe see what it’s used for. I will also get a pic for you.
I bet it’s that leaf guard stuff or maybe something to keep critters out of your soffits or attic… Cool thanks!

I went as far as I could go with getting it all back together, waiting on parts! However, I can find stuff to do! Check out the mock motor!!

Attachments

• IMG_0899.mov
    4.4 MB
  • IMG_0898.jpeg
    IMG_0898.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0901.jpeg
    IMG_0901.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0902.jpeg
    IMG_0902.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 0
Turned real nice your shop looks well equipped great job as usual!
Thanks! The shop like everything else is ever changing, adding tools, building mor cabinets ect ect. This is an old pic but it captures most of it. It’s 30’ x 30’ but you could always use more space. One day I’m going to insulate it, close the walls in and install an ac unit but my wife knows once that happens she will never see me!!
1716905509427.jpeg

Very nice I build in my basement don’t have much a 15 inch bandsaw 9 inch disk sander small drill press lathe/mill combo small table saw and hand tools.I do have a nice snap on tool box and large 80 gallon compressor two stage.I have to paint outside so I try to keep my paint jobs simple I like to clear the wood and paint cowls.I like building with wood.I spend too much time in the basement but try keeping my building during the winter too cold to do much else.Paint in the spring before bugs come out.Maybe next winter try a scale gas boat.

Very nice I build in my basement don’t have much a 15 inch bandsaw 9 inch disk sander small drill press lathe/mill combo small table saw and hand tools.I do have a nice snap on tool box and large 80 gallon compressor two stage.I have to paint outside so I try to keep my paint jobs simple I like to clear the wood and paint cowls.I like building with wood.I spend too much time in the basement but try keeping my building during the winter too cold to do much else.Paint in the spring before bugs come out.Maybe next winter try a scale gas boat.
I like natural wood boat also. All my race boats, rigger, twin rigger, sport hydro, and thunderboat are all natural with a little bit of black on them. The only real exception is my scale boats. I bought this insane a few years ago with a white bottom and yellow deck with black splatter. It was ok at the time but it needed something. I never really planned on do all this but once I got started it just sort of happened!! lol I was going to keep it as a cool play boat but a buddy of mine already claimed it. So it will be going to another home in about a week or so.

My race boats…. ( I could find a current pic of the sport boat)

Attachments

• IMG_0834.jpeg
    IMG_0834.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0827.jpeg
    IMG_0827.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0818.jpeg
    IMG_0818.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0780.jpeg
    IMG_0780.jpeg