Just a heads up

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cool, we will have an entry in every class other than gas. Can't wait to get out on the tri-oval again. Looks like my Pod-VP will be ready flying "Team Evinrude" colors.

Mic

Team Mercury/Vision tested @ Brandon last weekend, one word -

STOUT B)

Last edited by a moderator:
For the FE guys with only a spec boat you can step into P and a combined P-Q class for extra racing time. Simple motor change and you might be more competative than you think. A full P just stepping up to 5s battery pack is an option if you want to be more competative against the Q's. I think at this stage a good P boat is capable against a Q. Just more options and seat time. (transmitter time)

Mic

Looking at the Charleston GP results looks like The Duncan Clan is becoming a force to be reconed with in (northern) tunnels. Congats to Corey and a little bird told me Jimmy may be comming to Brandon. I need to get together with Jay and see what boats he wants to run and get our entries in this week.

Mic

There may very well be a VERY SPECIAL guest in the house, I spoke with Gary Irwin today and he has interest in coming out and running with us at this event. Any one that knows Gary situation right now , I hope would share my response to him - "Anything he needs and just having him there would be special to many of us, We will do ANYTHING that is needed to accommodate him whether he decides to race or just watch" .

Lets make this a special race guys and gals ;)

Help me out here....

Just to clarify -

1. Is this an IMPBA or NAMBA sanctioned event? I am going to assume NAMBA, but the class designations appear to be IMPBA? If I want to enter my .45cc tunnel in a class, would that fall into the "D" class (IMPBA) or the "B" class (NAMBA)?

Also, the flyer - maybe its just me- seems to be severely lacking in terms of details or schedule of the event.

2. What the requirements/limitations for the spec tunnel class?

3. When is open water allowed?

4. Is open water allowed?

5. What's this timed laps thing about?? Got any details other than what it costs? What is it? When is it?

6. Do we get plaques as awards? Mugs? Certificates? Nothing? Something?

7. When is the drivers meeting?

8. When does the racing start?

9. Who is the CD?

10. Is there an entry deadline?

11. Are we allowed to run a NAMBA half mill or only a full mill?

12. Is on-site camping allowed for self contained campers? Are there any hookups available? What are the costs, if any, associated with camping?

13. I have heard that we are running a tri-oval, and I have heard that we are running a LeMans start in some classes, but not others. I havent read anything in concrete as far as those details, and assumed that pertinent info would be on the flyer when released.

Its not.

Not trying to bust balls here, but give us the info. I spent a fair amount of time this weekend at the Charleston grand prix trying to get folks to come down and support this race, and these are all questions that were asked to me. I said just wait for the flyer.... Looking forward to racing with you guys, as always. Andy, or whoever else is involved, can someone answer the above questions? Maybe make amendments to the flyer?

~ Gabe

**** Gabe- maybe it was Shaw in that pic- lol :p

Kidding okay - I will try and fill in the answers the best I can tonight- and the rest will be in stone soon after.

1) Namba D-3 rules as stated in the original thread.

2) Mic can answer that

3-4-5) Open water will be Sat am - after the course is set till approx 2pm- that will also include timed laps . Timed laps are NO different than the deal we did when you guys came down to the STORM race a few years back. It's open water till someone wants to get on the board( the waiting list) to make a timed run. at that point he has the water for his/her timed laps . It's a dollar per timed lap attempt- not set in stone on the pick up fee to be honest.

6) The award will be a single trophy to the overall winner of the event. Poss medallions for per class timed lap winners.

7) There will be a drivers meeting on Sat am once the course is set- approx 10am - and again on Sunday am approx 9am

8) Once again- the racing will start ( timed laps and open water) once the course is set Sat am- The first heat of 5 will begin at approx 2-3 pm Sat -

Followed by 4 rounds of heat racing on Sunday. 1 round of heat racing will be a dump round of the 5 total .

9)Randy Premo- Mark Poole-Mic-John Otto and myself

10)Its on the flier

11)Half mill

12)Its Brandon so - same rules apply - you have been there before= YES you can camp- no hookups - no fee;s

13)Its not in concrete cause I was going to let YOU guys decide if you wanted it or not- so -

I JUST DECIDED IT - LeMans starts in MODVP ONLY . All other classes will follow standard milling rules -

The only part different is its gonna be a Tri-Oval .

So now that I have cleared up Gabe's questions - is there any thing we are missing ???

The race flier was rushed at BEST - trying to get it going, sorry it has some holes- but we might as well clear em up now-

ANYONE ELSE ?????

#2 FE spec rules are per motors allowed in NAMBA rulebook. 3 Aquacrafts 2 Proboat and the Himax 3630. No controller restrictions,

#12 As for camping there is an RV park at the I-4 Freeway exit #14 about 2 miles from the site. Hookups and facilities. Nice park and nornal rates.

Still not sure on #1. Can you post a link? Are NAMBA D3 rules different than the rest of NAMBA? I was under the impression that NAMBA used an "A" class designation for .21 sized engines, and a "B" class designation for .45 sized engines. Maybe im wrong on this, im not a NAMBA guy normally, but it seems to contradict what you guys have on the flyer.

Is the Super Stock tunnel class the same rules as in the World Tunnel Champs for Sport D?

One last thing... why wait so late to run the heats? 4 rounds on Sunday?? The majority of folks I know that are from this area who want to come will have a 6-9 hour drive back home, myself included. It sure would be nice to get out at a decent time on Sunday, which im not sure will happen if we try to run 4 full rounds on Sunday. Thats a LOT, even with a smaller turn out.

I realize that those of you who are used to running in D3/Brandon are familiar with the 'norm', however the rest of us are not. I have been to Brandon once, over 3 years ago. I know several who want to go to this race, but have never been to Brandon or a NAMBA race. Im trying to help here...dont shoot the messenger. :D

Just honest questions. This is the discussion medium for this race, which is why I am asking them here.

Just honest questions. This is the discussion medium for this race, which is why I am asking them here.
Not a problem, better to ask now and everyone be clear. It looks to me like the classes were put into the translator and IMPBA language came out. We run so much crossover it happens. I can assure you B here is .21 and D is .45. I wish we would just drop the alphabet and use cu. in. displacement but one organization would use inches and the other cc's. As for superstock D it is the Charleston sport D class. Can muffler only and any motor lower allowed.

As for the heats loaded on Sunday we started the Storm series with 2 on Sat and 3 on Sunday for out of towners and had little travelers attend. Some of the locals work Saturdays and others with one boat like FE or Gas liked the 4 on Sunday and the option to skip Saturday. Reality is we may have 12 heats in a round and probably less so getting done before 4pm is possible. 40-44 heats easily done. I have driven 600 miles after 4pm a few times from Charleston.

Mic

I would like to see more heats done on Saturday as well, what's the point of open water half the day then time trials. Unless the time trials are going to be part of the overall points. Last year there wasn't too many people who even tried for time. Let's race!

I'm fine with 2 rounds on Sat if that's what the masses want, once again the point of this race is to have fun. If it helps the out of town folks in attendance and ups their numbers- That's fine.

Lets hear it ????

Andy

Just pokin' some fun, james. wish this wans't so far, tri-oval & lemans start sounds like fun! sumthin' like 1300 miles 1 way..........

**** Gabe- maybe it was Shaw in that pic- lol :p

Hahahaha. Alright Andy....there you go again!!!! It was those types of cheap shots that had you crying over spilled milk last time. If you can't take the shots when they come back at you, you may want to hold off in the future........... :p

This was your apology post. I thought the babysitting was over??? Stick to it in the future and stay on topic!!!!....... :D

Lord knows I'm guilty as well, Its easy to get caught up in crap sometimes(esp for me-lol)

I will log out and walk away in the future, its not worth loosing this site. You do an awesome job here Tom , you dont need to babysit the adults here on top of that. I'm sorry ........

Andy

Last edited by a moderator:
Back