June FE Race in WI

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

drobie

Mark your calendars....

June 28-29 in Mazomanie, WI (right outside Madison), the first annual Sardine Classic Fast Electric Extravaganza.

We'll be (tentatively) running the following classes:

Saturday

LS Offshore (700 BB, 12 cells, Deep Vee or Cat only, 26" hull mininum)

LS Hydro (700 Neo, 12 cells, 24" hull minimum)

LS Mono (19 T Chameleon, 6 cells)

P Mono

Crackerbox

P Sport Hydro

Sunday

P Hydro

P Offshore

N2 Mono

O Hydro

O Sport Hydro

We are pleased to announce that Mike (Grimracer) Zaborowski (5 time IMPBA Nitro Intl Champion) has graciously agreed to serve as Contest Director. (Mike will also be running a Doug Forrester hull in LSH.)

We are also thrilled to announce that sponsors are starting to line up.

Andy Kunz, of Rc-hydros.com, maker of the world's finest and most widely used brushed motor ESC has pledged his support as has Ray Fuller of Fuller Fast Electrics, the industry standard in FE hardware.

Join us. As Mike would most likely put it: Mazo will rock that weekend.

We are a mere 2 hr drive from Chicago, a scant 72 mi swim from MI and a leisurely 4 hr downhill cruise from the Twins Cities. Toronto racers only need to fall down while facing south. For Iowans, an easy 2 day trip on your John Deere.

We are also 10 min from every major city in the Midwest if you fly your F-16.

More details to follow.

WHAT IF I WANT TO DRIVE MY J.I. CASE INSTEAD LOL
We welcome those who drive Case, or Intl Harvester or any other model for that matter. Plenty of free parking too.

Have you considered running the enduro race like Paul was describing? Your outline looks great, I was just wondering. The 4 min oval enduro brings about a different challange.

thanks,

Steve

Wow FE racing in the Great lakes is realy taking off.MIcigan,Cleveland,Batavia,Minasota and now Wissconsin!!

Could this be the beginning of our own "Great lakes grand Prix"???

Have you considered running the enduro race like Paul was describing? Your outline looks great, I was just wondering. The 4 min oval enduro brings about a different challange.

thanks,

Steve
I've thought about it all, Steve. Although we're running the big stuff, for this event, our "signature" classes are the 3 spec classes that run on Saturday. I want to attract the masses and grow the hobby.

There are also a group that wanted me to run the most popular classes on Saturday, because they have these strange entities call "families" ;D ;D ??? and may only be able to make it one day.

Our LSO and LSH classes both run 10 laps, not far from an Enduro. However, as I get further into organizing, if the demand is there for an Enduro, we'll run it.

Know any good battery distributors that might be willing to sponsor a class or 2? ;D ;D

Dennis, I have a vision for the "Midwest Fast Electric Racing Series" with an annual trophy awarded for a weighted average of finishes in several designated classes over multiple venues. "Weighted" because we can't expect that everyone can get to all five (MI, OH, IL, WI, MN).

Maybe a minium of 3 events to be eliglible for the series trophy.

Hey guys - Toronto is on the Great Lakes too! ;D

Doug, I think that is a wonderful idea and I absolutely think it can work. The ability to drop some of the events in your point total is the key to making it practical.

...and they said to "go west, young man" ;D

Enduro is enduro, not 10 laps with a 700 motor. Enduro takes some planning, testing etc, it will probably break 20 laps this summer. But I understand that you need to run what the locals are doing. I can't wait to see what some 3300 cells do in enduro.

thanks

Steve

Enduro is enduro, not 10 laps with a 700 motor. Enduro takes some planning, testing etc, it will probably break 20 laps this summer. But I understand that you need to run what the locals are doing. I can't wait to see what some 3300 cells do in enduro.

thanks

Steve
Thanks to you, Steve. I can't recall how many entries there were in Enduro at Batavia last year. Maybe Paul would recall, as he's a fan and will most likely be one of those that cracks 20 laps.

You're right though, I am trying to cater to the masses. If I get more feedback, we'll run it.

And I know that 10 laps isn't Enduro, but I was just making the point that up until now, it's close enough to satisfy many.

Latest posts

Back