JR XS-3 radio

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaso

Any one know what the JR XS-3 radio outfits are like?

I'm bit conserned about this variable channel thing but if it works good I'm getting one. Not having to change crystals at the lake sounds real good to me.

Any comments anyone? :)

I have it for 4 boats, and love it.

the receivers need to be sprayed with aeroplate stuff, there very sensitive to water.

course receivers arnt cheep for the radio eather, but it is nice to switch channels when needed.

Did you just have a bit of moisture that caused trouble or a real dunking in the water.

Had any other troubles?

I sent you some info on it, and what i do.

YES I do DUNK, SUB, my boats.

;D You know big waves come up, and it hits wrong and DIVES in.

the smallest amount of moisture will make it NOT WORK.

But get that spray stuff i told you to get, and spray it often, and keep it dry and it will be fine,

if you get it wet, unplug everything and open it up and dry it with a hair drier, and dont put ANY POWER to it for a day or so.

Every see a 41 inch twincraft go completly under?????

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I hope it's not like the XR-3. The 3rd channel sucks big time for using it as a needle control. It is really slow!

I bought one a few months ago and love it. Seams like I have to change channels every time I meet with the club. Someone new shows up with their boat and has the same channel as I do. No problem, I just change mine.

I only have problems with water when I submarine my 46" Twincraft! ;) It dosen't take too long to dry it out and run again. I plan to buy a few NON synthesized recievers for spares to run if I have problems. This way I can save a few bucks.

The 3rd channel is slow, but I think they are all that way now. (Please correct me if I am wrong)

My dislikes are...

- No loop for a neck strap.

- Have to open up the radio box to change channels. (I know there is No other way to do it, but it still sucks.)

- It has a different frequency shift than other radios so using a different brand of reciever is harder to do. They could have made it so you could change it if needed.

- Battery door is hard to open. (OK I'm searching hear!)

Guess I have to say, there isn't too much I don't like about it!

Good luck! Dale P

Dale,

I've never really had any troubles with my radio gear getting wet , I'm a bit paranoid about water and electronics, but if there is a fault with the receivers it would be good to know so I can be doublly careful about water in the radio box. In most of my boats I've built, I don't even normally seal up the receiver in the box I've just relied on it, the radio box, being water tight . My .21 rigger, I'm running, has about 12 screws securing the 3/16 perspex lid on a silicon seal I made my self from normal silicon like plumbers use and it's never seen a drop of water inside it. I once tried a tape on lid and I did have trouble with that. I'm a little cocerned about this because my new rigger that I'm buying has a tape on lid.

Does any one know any special tricks with these tape type boxs they could share with me?

Jaso.

The 3rd channel is slow, but I think they are all that way now. (Please correct me if I am wrong)
I just picked up a Futaba 3PJS and have found the 3rd channel to be very responsive. No delay at all. It also has the capability of controlling the 3rd channel from any one or all of 3 locations on the txmtr.

Snowdog

Back