JR radios?

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use JR R1 and can not fault it. JR quality and support are second to none. The user menu's seem confusing at first but are very simple once used a couple of times. PCM modulation is a life saver, no more glitches.

Cheers Nigel.

I've used Futaba and JR over the last 20 years. Both are good but I prefer the Futaba 3PK. Futaba has been in the business for a very long time. Programming for 3rd channel is really easy with easy to read menus and instruction manual. Futaba servos are also awesome.

My .02 worth, have fun!

Rw

i like airtronics. i use a m-8.. i think it is the best setup.. alot of radios have ups and downs..

i like the m-8 beause the screen in nice and easy to set up and read. unlike some of the other radios that have a 1 x 1 inch screen..

plus it is very well balanced..

chris

I'm not partial to any brand in particular, I think that I have at least one of each. I have a JR XR-3 which I love except for the 3rd channel which is awfully slow.

You didn't mention Hi-Tec. They're good radios except that some of them are butt ugly.

Last edited by a moderator:
why dont some do a poll to see who's using what radio? i perfer futaba myself

The JR's, don't let water touch the receiver or it's a dead duck.  The Futaba's will dry out and work again.
97000[/snapback]

ha ive dunked my jr reciver many a time and its come back every time any ways jr is the way to go the jrxs3 i can get for 160 no servos i think its  agreat deal and it has many wonderful features

JR & Futaba: Both excellent radios, both can go "toe-to-toe", are about the same price range, have small-very compact receivers (also have PCM-failsafe capabilities, for saving that high dollar boat in a signal loss). Get the best you can buy, JR R-1 or the Futaba 3PK. What's nice about Futaba is they change the transmitter looks, style and such, but the receiver stayed the same, so it's compatible with all the PCM versions. Still got the R-1 sitting in the closet, but the manual looks like a little bible, and the screen looks like an airplane cockpit! And the old reliable Futaba 3PJ (1st version) still hasn't failed me yet!!

I was a JR user for years but now use Airtronics. Airtronics (M8 and Super EXZES). The user menus and ease of use have won me over.. BIG TIME..

Racing both nitro boats and Nitro cars make mine Airtronics..

M8

Super EXZES

grim

Not to derail the thread, but has anyone used the Airtronics M8 with the synthesized transmitter and receiver?

Thanks,

David

Back