Jimmy and the Old Fart.....

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Slideblues

Strolled in the LHS the other day and a young man was at the counter buying some really BIG tires for his nitro truck, was askin the owner about a tunnel hull called Villain. The young dude said yeah I read about it in RCBM and found this site International Waters, LHS owner had no idea what he was talkin about, so I stepped in.

Hi son whats yer name, he said Jimmy, I says so ya like the Villain do ya? He says OH YEAH!!!! there is this old fart Slide something or other, keep's trearin his up at that site I was talkin about, Crazy!!! Ya plum nutz I says : :) Sheeeesh!!!! So I says do ya want one?, Jimmy lights up, so I grab a card from the counter and write Mikies number down for him, he says Thanks Man!!! I said yeah when ya call him say Gener sent ya, he turns and is walkin to the door and its hits him, GENER! he turns around to look at me jaw dropped to the floor and walks right into the door SMACK!!!!! I say ya alright there buddy? He says, yeah thanks man, I smile and say, Ya know where ta find me Jimmy if ya got any questions,

He smiles and openins the door this time.

Ahhh the younger generation, got ta love em!!!!!

Gene ;D

Hey, if I would have gotten into this stuff around this time, that could have just as well been me! Right on, Gene!

What a great story :eek: . I can almost picture the look on his face! & yours when he smaked into the door.

Welcome aboard, Jimmy.........where ever you are!

Maybe someday soon he'll show the 'old farts' how it's done!

Would not dought it one bit ;)

Sharp kid, that truck was tricked out to the max,

Gene ;D

Some of them farts (old or not) In my LHS dont know squat about anything. Just 5 months ago, I let them know what a CMB Engine was, and what it looked like, the owner never seen one.

I see some young kids with some tricked out cars and trucks, Need to go to another one for boat stuff.

I feel like the kid every time I log on and surf intlwaters :) ;) :D ;D Only wish I had found this site years ago. There is so much experince and knowledge to be found here.. Everyone has an opinion and it's great to hear each one!

In the defense of the LHS's lack of knowledge, my LHS wouldn't know an OS 21 XM if it was in front of him. Never seen them.. Reason ??? they don't run boats in this area anymore. No reason to carry such items. And I have seen the ones that don't have a clue about anything. :p

Back