Jerry Dunlap...? on VanHouten tunnel

Intlwaters

Help Support Intlwaters:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jr Branham

Jerry,

You mentioned in your post about the new 20 tunnel that Carl has out. How does it perform? Do you own one? His 7.5 was a great boat, although tough to trim. Does the new boat look like his old boat? Next to the ProGlass, I liked Carl's hulls.

Jr. Branham

Jr.

The new 3.5 Van Houten performs fine. It looks like a smaller version of the new 7.5 hull. I don't own one, but I've raced against one with my Villain. I'd say the Van Houten and the Villain are comperable in speed and handling.

Jerry

Does someone perhaps have a picture of the Van Houten tunnel, I have never seen one before.

Thx,

Paul

Jr.
The new 3.5 Van Houten performs fine. It looks like a smaller version of the new 7.5 hull. I don't own one, but I've raced against one with my Villain. I'd say the Van Houten and the Villain are comperable in speed and handling.

Jerry
Jerry,

Can you enlighten me about the handling characteristics / setup / history of the Vanhouten Savage, which I assume is the 7.5 C.V. hull you are referring to. Thanks, james Beasley

Jerry,You mentioned in your post about the new 20 tunnel that Carl has out. How does it perform? Do you own one? His 7.5 was a great boat, although tough to trim. Does the new boat look like his old boat? Next to the ProGlass, I liked Carl's hulls.

Jr. Branham

Jr Branham, Please elaborate more on set up issues with the Vanhouten 7.5 Savage Hull? Thanks, James Beasley

James,

The "Savage" was an early generation tunnel from Carl V. I think the molds are history. Then came the "Hornet", still being made by another boater. The latest generation is the "Shaman" and "Warhead". Good luck, they are in demand but supply is low.

Back